wrong pd printed on my I485 approval notice

jvilayanur

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I had my green card 3 years ago base on EB2 application. My wife was pending due to name check not cleared at that time. Finally this year an immigration officer replied her email indicating her name check is cleared and just holding for visa available. Finally our pd became current at August. However, the officer told us, although base on my I140, our pd became concurrent, while my application was approved, I got a pd of July 2007, which was not making any sense to us, since that PD was based on my wife's I140 application. I went back look into my approval notice, found they mis-printed my approval date as my I485 receving date.

They didn't admit this is THEIR mistake, just asking us to send my green card back to correct it--which is their procedure to follow.

The problem is, I've having my card for 3 years, there's another 2 more years I am eligible to apply for citizenship, will this "correction" lose my 3 years?
I basically don't trust this officer since he only asked us to send the card back, the USCIS web showing there's a form I-90 needed to be filled up to correct the mistake if there's any. He just asked us to send the card back and attend to his name

Is there any risk? If I don't send it back, what will happen to my card and my wife's application? Can we sue them for the mistake? Any suggestion is much appreciated! Thanks!