wrong number on H-1 approval notice.. please help

anilsingh72

Registered Users (C)
I got H-1 approval notice a long time back. today while filling out the address change form I noticed that the I-94 number on the approval notice is different from my previous I-94 number. What should I do?? I contacted company's lawyer, they didnt advise anything as my company changed their lawyers recently. What should I do?? How can I get this issue sorted out.

Please helppppppppppp
:confused:

PS: I need this information for a friend of mine, since people get suspicious here, I have posted this question presuming him to be me
Also sorry to post in this forum, I didnt get any responses in the H-1 discussion forum

It can't be totally a new number. It should match with at least one of your older I-94 numbers(if you had filed the extension with an older I94).

Anyway I don't think it is a serious issue. But you can try correcting it by sending a fax request. Corrections on approved cases can only be requested thru' request and it can be made only by your lawyer I guess. My experience says INS doesn't care about correction requests. In the past two different times, I had requested for corrections(sent multiple faxes) with no response from INS.

Please do not start thread in the un related category, this is for I-485 issues only.
You might not get good response. Post your thread under the related category.

Every time you transfer/extend or apply H1 you get a new I-94 Number, so don't worry if the I-94 number is different.
My 2 cents !!

But again, hey I am not a lawyer and you might want to check with your lawyer (company's lawyer who applied for your H1)

abtoaajabhai,

I-94 number in your H1B extension/transfer would be same as your last I-94 number.....When you file for extension/trasfer, you have to enclose a copy of your last I-94....so when they approve your case, they can assign the same number.....However you may have different numbers in H1B approval and your I-94 if you had travelled while your H1 was getting processed.....Basically the number in your H1 approval must match with one of your I-94's....