Wrong DOB on mom's passport - need advice

pkhona

Registered Users (C)
All,

I want to apply for GC for parents who are in India. I have an potential for my mom's application. Her passport shows her birth date as 15th Feb, in actuality her birth date is 25th. Her US visa application had correct birth date. Will this cause any issues, what date should we use to file her application ? She is trying to get birth certificate. Is it possible to have an affidavit stating the mistake ?

Any advice will be appreciated.

-pkhona

DOB Options

All,

I want to apply for GC for parents who are in India. I have an potential for my mom's application. Her passport shows her birth date as 15th Feb, in actuality her birth date is 25th. Her US visa application had correct birth date. Will this cause any issues, what date should we use to file her application ? She is trying to get birth certificate. Is it possible to have an affidavit stating the mistake ?

Any advice will be appreciated.

-pkhona

USCIS is mainly concerned with the DOB on the Birth Certifcate. You can have the parents go the the passport office in India to have an Endorsement on passport added with the correct DOB Date or have them issue a new passport.

If the parents are already in the U.S you can have this corrected at the Indian Consulate or Embassy for your location.

It is observed that passport office in India does "A LOT' of mistakes on the only page that they are supposed to feed in the information.

Nobody wants to stand in the queue, Giving Rs. 100xn to touts to get these minor corrections done has potential revenue of crores of rupees per annum to babus.
My mothers passport had mistake her name, so she applied for correction, in the correction, they mad mistake in last name, she again applied, and then the third time they put the correct name there.

Considering the high % of such cases, there is a clear cut pattern seen.

For you: the short answer to long story, apply , better in USA if she is here, or else in Indian passport office for b'day correction, and VERIFY that they did not introduce a new mistake in the year this time.

If you are very sensitive towards public rights, complain to indian home ministry and few newspapers, I did it. I think we should start sending the complaints to International Human rights office too.
Indian Government has won the dubious recognition of WORST in the world for getting the public work done.