Wrong Category On 140

ekaurpatra

My I140 just got approved but the priority date on the approval is incorrect and the category that appears on I140 is EB3 instead of EB2.

Looks like my lawyer made a mistake in choosing the category on the I140 application.

Can this be changed so my I485 application comes back on track.

Any help is appretiated
thanks in advance

Ask your lawyer to file 140 amendment. It may take a few months but you should be OK if you are indeed eligible for EB2 and also the job requires Advanced Degree.

Help me.. Error in 140 Approval notice

Hello all,

on 13th Jan, 2005, I posted that my I140 got approved in 2004 VSC tracker based on online status. Today I recd copy from lawyer. Please note that I am in EB2 category. Approval notice indictaes the same but message indicates something like below;

"petition indicates that the person for whom u r filing is in US and will apply for AOS. The evidence indicates that he or she is not eligible to file an AOS application. The determination is based on info submitted with petition and any relating files........
B'coz the person for whom u r petitioning is not eligible to adjust, we have sent the approved petition to Dept of State National Visa Center (NVC)..... NVC processes all approved imigrant visa petitions that need consular processing and also determines which consular post is appropriate consulate to complete visa processing..NVC will forward the approved petition to that consulate.

Gurus, Please help me to understand this message. I haven't applied for Consulate processing. I did apply for concurrent 140/485 in EB2.
What may be the reason to forward application to NVC ? What will happen now ? I am really worried. Appreciate your help in advance.

-happy4you

Hello,

What did the notice say here (you deleted it)? I think this is critical info.
"The determination is based on info submitted with petition and any relating files........"
What are there in your sentence "......."?

degree req for eb2

a bach from india ( 3 years) + diploma (1 year) + mba (2 years) from india will meet the req of masters for eb2

thanks