Would there be a problem with parallel LCs?

ram0987

Registered Users (C)
Hello,

I am with a startup on a H1 and they can apply for a LC for me -- the problem is that its a startup and it may not survive for the course of the whole GC process. I am nearing end of 5th year so I have to apply for LC to get a priority date to extend H1.

I also have the option of using a pre-approved LC from another company - and I am being told that I will get the GC in my hands in 12-18 months. I would like to apply based on this pre-approved LC (on a prospective employee basis).

So my question is - would I be doing anything wrong or getting into any problems - by doing BOTH - ie., file for a LC and get a priority date - and also use the pre-approved LC with the prospective employer and apply for the 140/485? That way if the pre-approved thing does not work out, atleast I would not be in too much of a trouble. My current employer is OK with all this...

thanks
ram.

I am interested in the response as well. Does the current employer need to be informed about this? Will they get to know at any stage about another filing for your labor/I-140? In my case, the labor for the second company is in Regional Phili Center...and for the current employer is in VA State labor.

See Inline...

ram0987 said:
Hello,

I am with a startup on a H1 and they can apply for a LC for me -- the problem is that its a startup and it may not survive for the course of the whole GC process.
... Totally understand your situation. Been through same scenario once.

I am nearing end of 5th year so I have to apply for LC to get a priority date to extend H1.
... I would have done same.

I also have the option of using a pre-approved LC from another company -
... Make sure your qualification (experience/education) matches/exceeds the min. requirement set in approved LC. I would say get a copy of LC and have it evaluated with independent immigration lawyer. You have to be eligible (qualification wise) when LC was originally applied, not as of today. You might also want to check following link before making any decision:

http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=123495

and I am being told that I will get the GC in my hands in 12-18 months.
... May be.

I would like to apply based on this pre-approved LC (on a prospective employee basis).
... It's possible. Need experienced lawyer who can handle any possible RFE.

So my question is - would I be doing anything wrong or getting into any problems - by doing BOTH - ie., file for a LC and get a priority date - and also use the pre-approved LC with the prospective employer and apply for the 140/485? That way if the pre-approved thing does not work out, atleast I would not be in too much of a trouble. My current employer is OK with all this...
... You are not doing anything wrong but don't mention it again in this or any other forum. Not a good idea to advertise & definitely not with your current employer. Employer need not to know anything about it. Do it as quietly as possible.

thanks
ram.

Last edited by a moderator:
dcmetro22042 said:
I am interested in the response as well. Does the current employer need to be informed about this? Will they get to know at any stage about another filing for your labor/I-140? In my case, the labor for the second company is in Regional Phili Center...and for the current employer is in VA State labor.

usnycus: can u reply to my Q as well, on the same topic??

See Inline...

dcmetro22042 said:
I am interested in the response as well. Does the current employer need to be informed about this?
... No. It's upto you. As a matter of fact it's not a good idea to inform current employer.

Will they get to know at any stage about another filing for your labor/I-140?
... No.

In my case, the labor for the second company is in Regional Phili Center...and for the current employer is in VA State labor.

please help

Hi,

I have just 9 months left before my 6 yrs on H1visa will be up.

My current employer has appllied for my GC - but it doesn't seem like the company will survive that long .

I have no time and am willing to pay for an preapproved labor . if you know any company that has a preapproved labor - please let me know .

Please send me emails to help4lc@yahoo.com

Would really appreciate any help.

ram0987 said:
Hello,

I am with a startup on a H1 and they can apply for a LC for me -- the problem is that its a startup and it may not survive for the course of the whole GC process. I am nearing end of 5th year so I have to apply for LC to get a priority date to extend H1.

I also have the option of using a pre-approved LC from another company - and I am being told that I will get the GC in my hands in 12-18 months. I would like to apply based on this pre-approved LC (on a prospective employee basis).

thanks
ram.

I understand your urgency in this matter but can you please stop posting same message all over the forum.

Thanks
LC Forum Moderator

help4lc said:
Hi,

I have just 9 months left before my 6 yrs on H1visa will be up.

My current employer has appllied for my GC - but it doesn't seem like the company will survive that long .

I have no time and am willing to pay for an preapproved labor . if you know any company that has a preapproved labor - please let me know .

Please send me emails to help4lc@yahoo.com

Would really appreciate any help.