Would I be allowed to Enter US under the Auto Revalidation Rule?

dcmetro22042

Registered Users (C)
I went to India earlier this year to get my visa stamped. Had a minor brush with law (but case null processed in court as I was innocent) but I had still answered 'yes' for arrested. It took about 6 weeks (due to background/FBI check) in India to get the visa and I came back in March.

Now my H1B visa was only valid for 4 more months (with old 797), therefore within months I applied at DOS for re-validation (after the new 797) and they gave me a 221g!! I was so surprised since I had just got the visa couple of months back!

Now I am stuck in US with visa which is marked "Canceled without prejudice" by DOS. I want to see where I can apply for the H1B visa and expect to get the visa fast.

Do you guys think:

- They shall conduct the background check all over again (even when they did the same in Feb'04)
- They would let me in US (under the automatic re-validation rule), if I would apply in Mexico and they start the background check process all over again? I do not want to get stuck there. The only difference I see from Sonali's (example) is that mine is marked "canceled without prejudice" and her's might just have expired.

Any suggestions folks?