Worried :(

kmanm

I had my N400 interview last week. I passed the English questions without an issue.

Quick background: I was issued 10 year bar and deported in 2005. I had to apply for I601 and I212 (waivers) prior to returning to US. The reason I was deported was because I had overstay after deportation order. I returned to US 2010.

During, the IO went through my application line by line and made some corrections based on her questions. on the application I said I was deported, arrested (by immigration). Initially I indicated that I wasn't charged for crime/offense but the IO indicated that I was charged for offense because the deportation was "demonstrative charge". She marked the question "Have you ever been charged for crime or offense" to "Yes."

Outside immigration issues, I don't have any other criminal offense.

At the end of the interview, the IO basically said she will not make a decision without consulting with her supervisor and they will mail me the decision.

Now I am worried. Perhaps I am worried too much because my previous experience with the USCIS. Anyone with similar experience. Can they take away my GC?

Relax, my friend. Generally speaking, the actual green card decision is not routinely reviewed at the time of naturalization and aliens who received the GC after being in the US illegally can naturalize without any problem. The reason you did not get a decision is because you incorrectly answered the question about crime committed (overstaying is a crime and deportation and bans are punishment). Because of the mistake on your form, it will be reviewed by a supervisor. Whether you should be here or not has already been decided when you were given a green card.