Worried...

GopiBalan

Registered Users (C)
After I attended interview, Arlington (Wash, DC) office conducted 3 oath ceremonies. People who had interview a month after my interview got oath letters. I wrote letters to INS and went to the office to make enquires, but they say the same thing: "Your application is pending final decision from supervisor". I asked them about whether they are waiting for anything in particular and they said my FBI name check, FP every thing is in and just supervisor needs to OK the approval, but it has not happened for more than 2 months. I checked with FBI and my name check was completed a year ago.

I wrote a letter to congressman. But what if USCIS says the same story to congressman also, saying it is PENDING? I also wrote a letter to USCIS district director, but no reply.

What should I do next? Any pointers would be appreciated.

N-400 Applied 6/03 (last year)
FP 9/03
Interview 8/04
Oath ??
(Website shows currently processing 8/03 cases)

GopiBalan said:
After I attended interview, Arlington (Wash, DC) office conducted 3 oath ceremonies. People who had interview a month after my interview got oath letters. I wrote letters to INS and went to the office to make enquires, but they say the same thing: "Your application is pending final decision from supervisor". I asked them about whether they are waiting for anything in particular and they said my FBI name check, FP every thing is in and just supervisor needs to OK the approval, but it has not happened for more than 2 months. I checked with FBI and my name check was completed a year ago.

I wrote a letter to congressman. But what if USCIS says the same story to congressman also, saying it is PENDING? I also wrote a letter to USCIS district director, but no reply.

FP 9/03
Interview 8/04
Oath ??

I would make an appointment with the officer who interviewed me and show the e-mail from FBI stating that your name check was complete, so the officer won't be able to use that as the reason for not approving you.
Also, i would wait on what INS would tell your congressman. At this point, you are assuming "what if they tell him the same stuff they tell me..." What if they don't? Hope for the better, don't think negative until it happens....You don't know what they will tell your congressman yet...Wait and see...
It may work!

GopiBalan said:
It makes me feel better. Hoping to hear from congressman soon, with good news!

Good luck!
I am also hoping to hear from INS soon...I am still pending due to name check myself...

GopiBalan said:
After I attended interview, Arlington (Wash, DC) office conducted 3 oath ceremonies. ...

After interview, I waited and waited. My wife completed oath but mine was pending. Going to INS Office just got the move. But some idiots there are stubborn. In my case I asked the interviewer "When the oatch gonna be?" Not that rashly but politely. He said next month, may be 3 months or 6 months. I could sense I already made a mistake in asking. But he is a semi-a$$ who decided to move my application after I went there personally. Anycase it was resolved and I got it nearly 3 months ago. My wife's application got approved the same day and the district office itself sent the oath ceremony. This a$$ transferred my file to Nevada office and that office had to do the scheduling - 2 months later in July. Till I received the Natz certificate I was doubtful - PhillyDude calls is paranoia, but do not believe him, because he is always against me because I did not give him my immigration God! :D :D :D :D

The lesson here is - do not ask anything to question (Did you?). They feel the sting - How dare you ask me - type. But tension could kill you. Yup my chicken pox reappeared as Shingles (no kidding and dr said that this is due to stress; but well there were other causes of my stress too!). So relax your nerves and just keep doing what you do usually. This is no big deal. The more you try to tighten the screws of the a$$ sitting on your application, the more delayed it will be. So my advice is, relax and go on. Let the a$$ take his own time. There ABSOLUTELY NOTHING YOU can do to speed this up. You already did what all you can.

Well anycase that is my 2 cents. You do not have to take the advice.

GopiBalan said:

FP 9/03
Interview 8/04
Oath ??

I am in the similar situation. My application was approved in August, but I have not been scheduled for the Oath. I did contact my congressman, but his representative told me that the have no control after the approval. I called Boston INS directly a few times and they always gave the same response that I would be hearing from them soon. I have some friends who had interviews in Sept. and were scheduled immediately. (some of the already had their Oath ceremonies) I wonder what can be done in these circumstances

WouldBeCitizen:
I am little confused...You are saying we should relax and wait, but then you said your going to the INS got the process moving. Or did you mean that actually going and talking to that a$$ slowed things down??
Also, can you tell me how long you waited after the interview till you actually went and spoke with that a$$ in the office? Was you application approved and you were just waiting for the oath or was it still pending? Btw, i remember reading your comments before but i just don't remember your situation :)
Thanks in advance!

WouldBeCitizen said:
PhillyDude calls is paranoia, but do not believe him, because he is always against me because I did not give him my immigration God! :D :D :D :D

I don't want your immigration God, because you ask for a pizza party later :D . You are not supposed to 'use' God, he wont be happy. :)

mfar said:
WouldBeCitizen:
I am little confused...You are saying we should relax and wait, but then you said your going to the INS got the process moving. Or did you mean that actually going and talking to that a$$ slowed things down??
Also, can you tell me how long you waited after the interview till you actually went and spoke with that a$$ in the office? Was you application approved and you were just waiting for the oath or was it still pending? Btw, i remember reading your comments before but i just don't remember your situation :)
Thanks in advance!
I had an interview in Sept 2003 and my Name Check was not done. I waited for a couple monthes and started calling the FBI and INS (and going to INS in person). It seems that talking to the FBI somehow moved the process, but the conversations with the INS (both on the phone and in person) were useless. I contacted my congressman which also accelerated things (at least this is my perception).

krt said:
I had an interview in Sept 2003 and my Name Check was not done. I waited for a couple monthes and started calling the FBI and INS (and going to INS in person). It seems that talking to the FBI somehow moved the process, but the conversations with the INS (both on the phone and in person) were useless. I contacted my congressman which also accelerated things (at least this is my perception).

During my interview I asked the officer politely (TSC), and he gave me the exact date of when I can attend the interview. I waited for the oath letter for 6 weeks, and made an appointment to visit the DO again. This time I wrote a polite letter to the officer that interviwed me, and requested the information officer to pass that letter along. I got the oath letter in mail after a week of visiting the DO (and attended the Oath on the day verbally given to me by the officer during my interview).

Good luck.

phillydude said:
I don't want your immigration God, because you ask for a pizza party later :D . You are not supposed to 'use' God, he wont be happy. :)

You want things for FREE. You are still an Indian. Are not you? :D :D :D

May your oath be postponed for 6 more months! :D :D :D

mfar said:
WouldBeCitizen:
Thanks in advance!

I waited till the day my wife took oath. One day before her oath, I went and asked if they sent my oath too and if it was lost in mail. The lady looked up and said - no. It is still pending. I think that inquiry set the things rolling. Just that I think it that way.

Then two more months and I decided to relax and take it easy. Then the oath letter came from Nebraska. Hmm, is not oath usually from district office? This time I was 99% sure that the letter was a mistake. But anyway I went and found that it was NOT a mistake. They did issue stuff from Nebraka office. So it made me believe that the a$$ who was sitting on the application transferred the application back to Nebraska for no reason. The Neb office found no reasons to delay my oath either. But well I am in Milwaukee and here population is 500K and it moves rather quick. It took 6 months for me and 4 mos for my wife. (Sorry if I said Nevada earlier, but it is Lincoln, NE)

What I was trying to say was - You made all your efforts. So do not worry now. It only aggravates the stress. Sit relaxed for few more weeks and see what happens. If you know the a$$ officer's name and the district office's fax number, I suggest you write a pitiful/very gentle/begging request to that a$$ asking him to move it or tell you if he needs any more info. If you try to write an authoritative letter, he would sit a lot tighter (my feeling tho). Once you take oath, you can always write a spicy garam masala letter to the DC office (central INS complaints office) about this a$$ telling them to take some action on him/her. But hey that is my personal opinion. I wanted to write that garam masala letter but decided it was not worth the effort and also mine was not "that" delayed.

Good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
WouldBeCitizen:
Thanks for clarifying. I agree with you: there is no point in pushing something that's not within our control. And i don't have any big rush to get naturalized tomorrow, no special urgency...However, i just don't want some a$$ to forget completely about my file. That's why i called ins customer service and a nice lady there said she would send an official request to my local office in boston to see how my application is going :)
if i don't hear from them in a month - i will pay a nice, polite visit to the boston officer :)