Worried - Check not cashed

Terese

Registered Users (C)
It is been 2 weeks since USCIS received my N400 application packet and my check is not yet cashed. I am worried. Any suggestions on what to do? Call USCIS? If so, what number? Call and ask for what? Who do I ask to speak with? Is there anything I can do with the Post Office? I sent it via Express mail (waived signature required since I do not know if any USCIS employee would sign for it). Although Post office signed for it.

I sent it via Express mail (waived signature required since I do not know if any USCIS employee would sign for it). Although Post office signed for it.
WHile your application is at the Serivce Center there is not much you can do. I understand your frustration of noticing that the check has not yet been cashed. One thing is certain: if your applcation was sent with the required initial documents and the application fee, it will be processed.

It seems that service centers are experiencing front log due increased number of applications brought by the impending fee increase. If the envelope is waiting in a mail room to be opened there is pretty much nothing you or USCIS is going to do about it. Have some patience and check this board to see what's the trend for people who have applied in your same service center at or around your date.

My 2 cents.

You have 45 days from the day you mailed your applicatoin to USCIS. However, I concur wth Huracan, the sheer number of applications is tremendous right now.

Terese,
What is the date you mailed your application?
Do let us know when your check is encashed - it will serve as a reference point for others who mailed around this timeframe. Thanks.

Checks not encashed too

we are in the same boat:
i mailed my N-400 application and according to tracking it was received at St. Albans Vermont Service Center, July 12 and up to now the checks havent been encashed?????
Is it due to high volume of applicants trying to beat the JUly 30 deadline???

QUOTE=CrossHairs;1740621]Terese,
What is the date you mailed your application?
Do let us know when your check is encashed - it will serve as a reference point for others who mailed around this timeframe. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Quite possible...Any July 2007 applicants, if your checks have been cashed, please post here and let us know.

My application was delivered on 07/25/2007 to NSC by usps. The check was cashed yesterday. I tried LIN number at USCIS website and no status yet.
My wife's application was delivered on 07/30/2007. The check has not been cashed.

I personally wouldn't worry about it. Unless you are missing important information that they are looking for or sent in too early that might result a return of your package. It's going to take some time for them to process. My check did not get cashed till 4 weeks later. Sent on June 5th and check cashed on July 3rd.

My app was delivered to mesquite, TX on July 12th according to USPS. Check still not cleared. Someone on theis forum mentioned thta after 30 days one could call in and follow up using the A# ?

Yes, you can do that to enquire about your receipt notice.

I did that and they told me that the notice is in the mail.

N-400 receipting times (pdf attached)

How do you interpret this? Can someone confirm what they mean in this update?
For example, I am interested in N-400 and interested in Nebraska Service Center. For NSC, N-400 (regular) is not mentioned with any date, and it says "all other in compliance".

Does this mean the forms SPECIFICALLY listed are the ones they are trying to bring into compliance and the others are working smoothly already?

PDF file attached with this message.

My info...

Mail sent: 7/16
Rcd to VSC: 7/19
Chk cash dt: 7/25
Talked to VSC rep, no info on their system. They tried using A# but could not find anything. Also tried ESC# (I gave from the chk image), no info. Asked me to call back in few days.

Citizenship Application - TSC

Mailed N400 application on July 5th 2007 to TSC.
Check not yet cashed