Worried about parent green card interview

buckroe

Hello,

We just received word of an approved I-130 for my mother-in-law. We are gathering the needed documents for the next step. I am worried about the interview though. Because of my mistake in the past she overstayed her time by 5 months here in the states in the past on a tourist visa and was sent back to her country. The Consulate at the time said to apply for another tourist visa but she was denied. I spoke with an attorney and he said to apply for a green card for her. I am doing that now, but I am worried that the same people who denied her for the tourist visa will now deny her for the green card because of her overstay...any thoughts

I sent the paperwork to extend her tourist visa six month stay (on a 10 year visa) but they never received it, and I didn't follow up as well as I should have. She left the US for a month then came back. Only to find out at the Airport that the Visa was cancelled because the extension paperwork didn't go through. She was allowed to stay for two weeks because of her age and to allow us time to buy her a ticket (October 2010). They said we should apply for a Tourist Visa. It was turned down. That was late December 2010. I applied for her Green card in February 2011. We just received word yesterday that the I-130 was approved.