Worldwide EB-2 Expected to Retrogress in 2006 ?

topbrucelee

Registered Users (C)
How do you think about the news from "AILA report"

I saw the following news in my attorney association's website.

"Worldwide EB-2 Expected to Retrogress in 2006". According to an AILA report posted on October 6, 2005, the U.S. Department of State (DOS) estimates that worldwide EB-2 visa numbers are likely to start retrogressing as early as January 2006. Once the visa numbers start retrogressing, an alien who is filing EB-2 (including NIW) petition will no longer be eligible to file the Form I-485 concurrently. In addition, those who already filed the I-140 concurrently with the I-485 may experience delays in the final adjudication of the I-485, depending on retrogression period and the individual's priority date."

I am very worrying about that, because I had filed my I-485 with I-140 concurrently in the early of september. I don't think I can not get approval notice till that day, even if I got approval notice of I-140 (NIW) within 4 weeks.

topbrucelee said:
I am very worrying about that, because I had filed my I-485 with I-140 concurrently in the early of september. I don't think I can not get approval notice till that day, even if I got approval notice of I-140 (NIW) within 4 weeks.

File your EAD right now (if you haven't already) to protect your status in the event you have to wait a couple of years for AOS.

Brian