Work permit...?

shinkansen

Registered Users (C)
I want to apply for a work permit so that I can move to and work in canada... but I've got questions:

1) I live in Hawaii - but the only place I see listed for me to apply for work permit is canadian embassy in LA.... thats kinda expensive trip to make?? Can I not download forms from somewhere??

2) How long does the work permit last for?

3) If I go to canada on a work permit, is it possible for me to then also submit an application for permanent residence so that I can immigrate there eventually... Id like to do this option now but 2 years processing is a bit of a long wait... I'd like to be in Canada by Sept 1, 2005.

Thanks for any advice.. I've read the CIC website but the information isn't very good.. doesn't answer all my questions...

Hi

shinkansen said:
I want to apply for a work permit so that I can move to and work in canada... but I've got questions:

1) I live in Hawaii - but the only place I see listed for me to apply for work permit is canadian embassy in LA.... thats kinda expensive trip to make?? Can I not download forms from somewhere??

2) How long does the work permit last for?

3) If I go to canada on a work permit, is it possible for me to then also submit an application for permanent residence so that I can immigrate there eventually... Id like to do this option now but 2 years processing is a bit of a long wait... I'd like to be in Canada by Sept 1, 2005.

Thanks for any advice.. I've read the CIC website but the information isn't very good.. doesn't answer all my questions...

1. Do you have a job certified by HRSDC submitted by an employer after advertising for a suitable PR or CC? If not then you either have to have a job that falls within the exemptions from certification, and there are not many of them.

2. See: http://www.dfait-maeci.gc.ca/can-am/menu-en.asp?mid=9&cat=132
for the LA office web site.

3. The 2 years processing is for PR resident applications, if you have a certified job offer, it can be processed in weeks for a work permit.

4. All your questions answered are on the CIC web site. See: www.cic.gc.ca and then read the foreign workers manual at:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/manuals-guides/english/fw/index.html

PMM