Work Permit while waiting for asylum interview

crystal34

Registered Users (C)
Hello Friends!

I have a question regarding work permit. I am waiting for my interview date. Since It has been passed around 6 months from applying, I can apply for work permit. My husband work in U.S legally and he earn enough money to support both of us. Do you think if I apply for work permit in this condition, it will have a negative affect on my interview result?

Thank you.

Hello Friends!

I have a question regarding work permit. I am waiting for my interview date. Since It has been passed around 6 months from applying, I can apply for work permit. My husband work in U.S legally and he earn enough money to support both of us. Do you think if I apply for work permit in this condition, it will have a negative affect on my interview result?

Thank you.

No, it will NOT give you any negative impact.
you have the right to work even if your husband already working.
actually I strongly suggest you file work permit so you can apply for social security and then can apply for driver license.
the social security will enable you to start building your credit history.
if later you decide not to work (or to work) that is entirely up to you.

I got driver licence without social security. I don't know other states but in NJ you don't need to have social security to get Driver licence

Wow NJ is a good state,
most other states require social security,
for sure they asked for it in California.
and of course they also asked for EAD (work employment permit) before they allow you to apply for driver license in California

Wow, I think I will relocate to NJ and get a drivers license. In Michigan, you have to have SSN before applying for a drivers license. And I do agree with MWDW, you need to get your EAD.

Waz!

Wow, I think I will relocate to NJ and get a drivers license. In Michigan, you have to have SSN before applying for a drivers license. And I do agree with MWDW, you need to get your EAD.

Waz!

It used to be the easiest state to get a Driving license they could give you State IDs with B and J Visas,Foreign passports or birther and a lease , But from my experience in Washington State they seem to have tightened the law very recently I lacked one document 9 months ago going back the officer told me that they have currently revised the state law to comply with REAL ID act because Enhanced ID is better than just ID , To be safe you need a Social Security Number - The card , Form I 766- EAD and proof of Residence ,Am not sure of other State laws but in Washington State that is what they say

More to it, if you have foreign driver licence and present it in NJ office you don't have to take practical exam. I got my NJ driver licence same day I applied. Did very easy theory exams. Just read NJ motor and vehicle commission website learn rules and that's it, most of questions are about teenager driver rules, school buses, driving under influence, questions about real road traffic issues are very easy.

They have 6 points rule. I think identification like passport gives you 3 points, resident address gives you 2 points, credit/debit card gives you 1 point. Not sure if it is correct. Also they called USCIS when I applied and checked my status if I was overstaying. I don't know what was answer from USCIS but they allowed me to take exams and get driver licence.

oh yes and they asked me to provide letter that I don't have right to have social security