work in new company and salary issue

sentil

Registered Users (C)
I got laid off in the beginning of this month(I have passed 6 months and have EAD), now I get an offer from another company,the new position has the same title software engineer, but the job description is a little different, also the salary is only 65k, my previous one is 75k. Considering the bad job market, I think I should accept it. However, I wonder if INS wants to check REF, does this new position have negative influence? I mean lower salary and different job description? Please share your opinion, thank a lot!

No negative impact

You should note have negative impact because of the lower salary. I think, INS will issue a RFE in your case. I will suggest let a lawyer handle your case and reply to your RFE under AC21.

You don\'t have to worry. Quite a few number of similar case have been approved.

sentil

could u not ask the HR dept or ur supervisor to see that an employment letter is issued with similar job description to ur I-140 , Labor certification

Though u may be working in a different field but they could still issue u a letter and oblige you

Regarding salary issue - this is not a problem

Hope this helps