• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Work experience required for DV

Pakibakr

Hello guys

I understand that I have to have two years of experience before having/ receiving the green card.
I had a higher education and have been working for around 1 year and 7 months now. I still haven't booked the interview.

So my question is, is the two year work experience mandatory, and if yes, should I have completed the two years before the interview or by receiving the green card?

Also, is there a deadline to book an interview? Or just earlier the better?

Thank you guys!!

Have you completed high school?

Also, you don’t book the interview, it gets booked for you when your case number is current and the DS260 and required documents are submitted and processed.

Thank you Susie for your prompt response!! I have completed high school, university four years (double major accounting and finance) and have been working for 1.8 years now.

Also, what do you mean by my case number is current. Are there any deadlines? should I complete the DS260 and submit my documents before a specific date?

You will only need your high school diploma so no need to worry about work experience.
it sounds like you are still fairly new to this process so I would suggest you check out http://britsimonsays.com/ and get an understanding of how it all works and what you need to do

Thanks @Aidyn , that was a really useful answer. Yes true, I'm still new to it all, and I will definitely check out the website, looks very helpful!

So you mean even if I have a bachelor's degree, they will disregard and look into the high school diploma?
Quick questions please before I navigate through the website you've provided. Regarding the permanent address in the DS260, do they use this address just to deliver the green card, or for other purposes as well? Also, if I ever got the green card, should I move to the US immediately or after a certain duration?

Thank you so much in advance!