Woohoooooooo.........Expected RFE , Got Approval instead!!

BVS VSC

Registered Users (C)
Hi friends,
Want to convey the good news I heard a few minutes ago on the AVM at VSC. My I-485(and my wife\'s) was approved yesterday, November 27th 2000. I was expecting an RFE for an amended I-140 all along, as my company was acquired(total acquisition) by my current employer just after my I-140 approval. Although we had filed an amended I-140 in parallel with my I-485(on the advice of my lawyer), the 485 application used my old I-140 with addl. documents proving successor-in-interest. We were ofcourse prepared to send the new approved amended I-140(which had got approved in due course),in case an RFE was issued for it.
Anyway, it is celebration time for us......you guys out there without an approval yet, just hang in there and don\'t lose faith, it is just a matter of time..Good luck to you all and may the good God bless you!!
My details
   EB2 - India
   PD 02/98
   RD 08/11/99
   ND 08/30/99
   FP 07/26/00
   EAC 99-254-XXXX
   AD 11/27/00

My heartfelt thanks to Rajiv Khanna for maintaining this wonderful website, without which we would have gone crazy at times...Guys, any questions I will try to answer, I will be hanging around on the board for some more time....

No Title

Did your I485 carry the same name for the company as your I140 or did it have the name of the new employer?

Congratulations!!

No Title

Wow!! Dude you are really really lucky. Some of my colleagues/friends got I140 redo RFE because their 1st RFE mentioned a different employer name and here you are with absolutely no RFE!!

I\'m in excatly the same situation as you though my employer name change occurred much much later than yours. Can you share the name of your employer/lawyer?

No Title

Congrats, Is it s2045? Or just you got lucky? We just have to wait and see...

I \'ve added your data to the ImmiTracker.com. Thanks

No Title

Thanks Aqualung and OCT2000 for the congratulations!! Yes, I might have got lucky for a change, coz I normally don\'t believe a whole lot in my lucky stars...u know what, Aqualung, I don\'t mind sharing my employer/lawyer\'s name but I will wait till I get my approval letter in hand(just being a little superstitious here,pls bear with me..;-)) before sending u a private message with the info. My employer is neither Mastech/Igate nor Rapidigm if that was the info you were looking for.
Just wanted to share an additional info, that my lawyer told me a week ago, even though I didn\'t believe him at that time. According to him, his gut feel is that the new law(S2045?) is already in effect at INS, and that acquisitions/name changes may not trigger any more RFEs on I485. Maybe what he said has something in it, if that is the case, then you have reason to be optimistic.

No Title

485 Approved for me, my wife and daughter... Finally light at end of the tunnel. It was a long journey but it\'s over now. I was following all the messages here from last few months and were very helpful & encouraging. Thanks everybody. This is a great site.

My details are..
EB3 - India
PD - 10/95
ND - Aug 9th \'99
FP - July 5th \'00
RFE - Oct 30th \'00 ( Employer letter and last 3 pay stubs)
RFE Recd - Nov 20th \'00
485 Approved - Nov 28th \'00

No Title

It is more likely that your approval came about without RFE because you had already filed and got approved an amended I140 rather than S.2045. (Remember, INS hasn\'t taken any official stand on the particular issue of relevance here). Although, amended I140\'s are processed in the same queue as regular I140, it looks like after approval VSC might be putting the approval in the 485 file for the alien.

Could you please tell us a li\'l more about your amendment filing? e.g. was it filed after you got the 485 receipt? did the approval of the amended I140 (or the receipt of the amended I140) mention your A#?

Thanks again and best wishes for the new (employer) independent life!! ;-)

No Title

My amended I-140 was filed atleast 2 months before my I-485 was filed. Infact we were initially waiting for the amended I-140 to come thru to file our I-485 even though my PD was current at that time. But then the whole world became current in August 99, and I didn\'t want to wait anymore as that would put us way behind in the queue. So we took a chance and filed the I-485(with new employer\'s name) using the old I-140, though with supporting documents from the new employer showing successor-in-interest. Meanwhile my amended I-140 came thru after 3 more months(totally took 5 months, unlike the 2 to 3 weeks, amended I-140 takes these days). So I think chances are rare that INS connected the amended I-140 to the I-485. About the relevance of S.2045, your guess is as good as mine, but I suppose I just wanted to sound an optimistic note for our fellow-boarders....let us wait and see, whether this is the start of a trend, or just a coincidence....;-)
About your last question, I didn\'t get a copy of the amended I-140 approval from my lawyer, as I didn\'t ask for it. I don\'t remember offhand whether I got a courtesy copy either. So I really don\'t know whether the amended I-140 had a different A# or not....sorry....

No Title

Hi,
Congratulations to you. Enjoy your freedom.

Could I ask you question if you don\'t mind?

From the looks of it, seems you had a very good lawyer. Did all the right moves. Filing amended I-140 etc, which my
stupid lawyer didn\'t do even after an RFE was received. Instead, he filed this dumb response of the Federal tax-id being
the same kinda BS to which INS has not given a hoot in 4 months now. My dumb-ass lawyer responded to INS in
July\'00 and we don\'t have a response yet. My FPs have expired too at this point. Enough about my troubles

I was planning on switching lawyers even this late in the game and would like to know your law-firm. Could you
please post here the name of your law-firm or e-mail me at v_kilari@yahoo.com

Thanks.

Vara

No Title

I understand and empathize with your predicament, but could u just wait a few more days till I get my approval letter in hand, as I told Aqualung, being just a little superstitious/cautious here. You have my word that I will send you my lawyer info as soon as I get my approval letter. My lawyer knew his stuff, but there were times that I had to exert some pressure thru my employer to make him file things on time, as he is supposedly a busy lawyer, but ofcourse looking back, I am quite happy with his work.

No Title

Thanks again for the clarification. As you say, the chances are slim that VSC connected your I140 with you I485, unless a receipt of your amended I140 was included in you I485 package by your lawyer. Will it be possible for you to check that? Knowing this will help a lot of future filers.

Also, were there other colleagues of yours in the same situation as you (different petitioner names for I140 and I485)? Could you let us know if they had the same experience as you?

As I mentioned earlier, I\'m almost in the same situation as you except in my case, we first filed 485 and then filed for amended I140. My amended I140 receipt does contain the A# and I\'m praying that it gets connected to my I485 on approval somehow although I think the chances are slim.

No Title

You should really check up with VSC, since they are supposed to respond to your RFE within 12 weeks.