Without a job on EAD?

jdr

Registered Users (C)
How long can we stay on EAD without a job? I understand that it is a problem if we ever get a RFE on our 485..But ,other than that is there any major problem?
Please advice me on this...I most probably will be in this situation soon, so I want to be prepared...
thanks in advance..

No there is no major problem. Just that when you get the 485 approved or near approved, you should be able to show either a job EVL or a permanent job offer in the same and similar occupation.

Can anybody answer my question

Dear All,
I am new to I-140 section. My labor just got approved from ATL. I know what "PD" means, PRIORITY DATE. But I am so confused with other abbreviation like ND, RD, AD, LUD. Could anyone please explain me??

BTW, I am planning to apply for I-140 under EB3 category next week. Any precautions or suggestions that need to be taken. I fall under Texas Service Center??

How long does it take to get I-140 cleared in Texas Service Center??

Thank you
Sri

RD - Receipt Date ( mail receipt)
ND - Notice Date ( date on which your case goes in USCIS database).
AD - Approval date :D
LUD - last updated date on your case ( you can get this from USCIS website when you have case number)

Eb3 - Nowdays if you apply 140, you may get approval in 2 months since concurrent adjudication is over ( for retrogressed filers in Eb3 atleast) and then a long wait for 485 filing.

What is your PD and do you belong to India, China or Phillipines ?

will_get_there

Hi will_get_there,
thanks for your reply. The EVL or job offer letter is to be shown only if they ask as an RFE, is that right? YOu dont need them if the 485 is approved straight and is not required during stamping...am i correct?
jdr

Hi Will Get There

Did you get there yet??

Just kidding man. You got funny username!!

Thanks for the clarification about RD, ND, LUD, etc.

My PD is June 2003. I got the LC approval 01/14/05. My attorney is going to send me documentation for 140 tomorrow. If everything goes as planned, may be we can send the final package to Texas Serv Center by Friday or early next week.

Yes I am from India. I am from Guntur (AP). How about you??

You mentioned that 140 takes two months. Are you serious about that?? I know that I can not apply for 485 as I am under EB3. But is that two months 140 approval is TRUE or you are pulling my leg!!

Thanks again

Sri

jdr,

Yes, only if there is any RFE you may have to show a job via EVL, however without a job if you get 485 approved you will be OK now but at the time of citizenship filing they will again ask for complete job detals ( date wise) from the date you got the GC so it can become a struggle there again so I suggest you stick on with a sponsor for atleast 6-8 months and then only plan something else.

Nahi Yaar, Not_there_Yet :D :D
I thought being optimistic may help, but nothing has worked till now. Applied GC 3 times and yet to get through even once :confused: :confused:

I am from India too - Rajasthan.

No I am not pulling your leg, just did some calculated guess. We are seeing some 140 only approvals in January after that memo on non-concurrent adjudication was releases. These 140s are filed in July-August last year. So if TSC has decided to approve 140s fater for those folks who are in retrogressed catefory, by the time you file, you may get it in 2-3 months. I might be wrong but most likely it should be done in few months. However, hoe does it matter since you cannot apply 485 anyway and make use of AC21.

divyakolus said:
Did you get there yet??

Just kidding man. You got funny username!!

Thanks for the clarification about RD, ND, LUD, etc.

My PD is June 2003. I got the LC approval 01/14/05. My attorney is going to send me documentation for 140 tomorrow. If everything goes as planned, may be we can send the final package to Texas Serv Center by Friday or early next week.

Yes I am from India. I am from Guntur (AP). How about you??

You mentioned that 140 takes two months. Are you serious about that?? I know that I can not apply for 485 as I am under EB3. But is that two months 140 approval is TRUE or you are pulling my leg!!

Thanks again

Sri

Thanks will get there

Sorry to hear about your case. Wish you best of luck. But it seems that you are making steady progress this time. Yeah! you are right about what can be done with 140 approval ( as 485 is retrogessed) except to change employer. I have no such plans as of yet.

After seeing AC21 from your earlier post, I looked about it on Murhty.com. Correct me if I am wrong:

"As per AC21, after 180 calendar days of 140 petition with INS service center, employee is free to move the job while the 140 petition is still valid."

That means employer looses control on the 140 petition 180 days after the petition was filed.

Is that right??

Thanks for the help

Sri

P.S.: You seemed to have gained huge knowledge in the Immigration area.

divyakolus,

I am not sure which Murthy.com article you have quoted, as per AC21 regulations one has to have 485 pending for 6 months and 140 approved to change jobs using AC21. Everything else is just details..

you will have to retain current job even if 140 is approved till you apply 485 and it is atleast 6 months into application. So work hard to keep your job stable.

divyakolus,

Every month, DOS ( state dept.) publishes visa bulletin in which they list the visa availability date for each category. Today the visa bulletin still maintains the PD for EB3 as 01/01/02. Ther eis a hope that some more visa will be available by April '05 so the PD retrogression may shift a bit from 01/01/02 to a later date. Generally more visa numbers are available every quarter so dat shifts every quarter however the shift can be either side + or -. Your PD is somewhere in 2003 so you have a long long way to go. I don't want to disappoint you, just stating the facts ...

Just hang on here and gain knowledge meanwhile and help others :D :D