Withdrawal of I-485

gcwt

I would like to with draw my spouse\'s I-485 b\'cos of some family matters.Do I need to complete the divorce proceedings or I can withdraw at any time?Please help me in this issue.

Don\'t do this on humanitarian ground

Let her enjoy her life and you enjoy yours. Sould not do this to anybody. Rest depends on you guys.

Please contact your lawyer for this who can guide you correctly.

Bad relation harmed both of you already.

If you withdraw her application, she will be more severe hurt.
Please don\'t do that. God says that you should present love to your enemy, let alone a wife having been with you days and nights! Let everything as is, if she is not nice as you wanted, she will deserve what she should. Time will cure your wound and you will getting better and have a more wonderful life!

God bless you!

No Title

Think of you as your spouse, do you want her withdraw your application? If not, then don\'t. Revenge only brings trouble.

withdraw or not withdraw

Although I am not in favor of withdrawing I-485 based on humanitarian ground, there are more practical issues I have to consider about. For example, in the future Mr. gcwt will get married again and what about his new wife? Does INS grant another dependecy green card to his wife? This is very tough situation indeed and I suggest Mr.gcwt consults good lawyers and takes consideration of the history, the present and the future. The best solution is to revive the marriage, however there are times people really can\'t get along with each other and in the case both sides should know the consequence very well.

Hope this helps

JiMZ

re: withdraw or not withdraw

Mr. GCWT cannot withdraw his wife\'s GC after the 485 was was filed. He it too late now. It is upto Mrs. GCWT if she wants to withdraw her application.
Also as per the law, Mrs. GSWT can always file a lawsuit and get her GC going, in case Mr. GCWT tries any tricks. In the worst scenario INS can even deport Mr. GCWT. ( I know a few cases. ).

I am not favouring either Mr. or Mrs. GCWT, I was just telling the facts.

If GCWT marries again, he will have to sponsor his new wife (if she is not American) it will take 3-4 yrs.

So Mr. GCWT : "Live And Let Live"

Question?

Doesn\'t she automatically lose I-485 qualification if Mrs. GCWT is divorced by her husband?

re: Question ?

If the divorce processes is completed - probably yes
But divorce process can be completed only if both parties agree, unless the divorce is on valid grounds.

Probably after Divorce 50% of your salary goes to yr wife ( unless there is a out-of-court settlement ).

You can contact an immigration attorney, there is law specifically to cater for these circumstances. Not applying for spouses GC or stopping her GC is considered domestic abuse

Depends

If Mr. GCWT has someone in mind to marry soon, he may want to withdraw his affidavit of support to his wife\'s AOS case. By doing this his new wife may have a chance to file AOS before his is approved.

Otherwise, it\'s stupid to do anything about his current wife\'s AOS.

Don\'t be judgemental on other\'s affairs

Withdraw it or not is completely his personal decision. He has to go through a lot and I think he has the right to do what he thinks is appropriate.

It your decision but.....

Hi,

I am working for a company that has laid of lot of people. But, they have NOT stopped there GC process. They will withdraw H1 but not GC application.

I am still with this company, so I had a talk with Company\'s attorney asking why such GOOD Gesture. She answered compnay does not want to harm anybody. It business & economic reason that laidoff was unavoidable.

So, my friend, let her have GC. Final decision is your. If you find time please see " War of Roses" & "When Harry met Sally". You will definately enoj & learn something.