will this impact 485

gccheck2002

Registered Users (C)
Updated 08/25/2002: INS HQ Prioritization Policy of I-140: New Wonderland

The INS sources indicate that as the INS launched the I-140/I-485 concurrent filing, the Service Centers had been given a guidance by the INS HQ to complete processing of I-140 petitions within 60-day mark. Readers, don't be surprised if you get the news that your I-140 petitions have been approved. There are indications and signs that the Service Centers indeed have started implementing this prioritization policy. This opens a question as to its impact on the concurrently filed I-485 applications with the I-140 Receipt Notice only and without the knowledge of approval of the I-140 petitions. We hope that the Service Centers continue to adjudicate the I-485 applications without rejecting such applications or issuing RFEs. Well, we'll have to wait and see. Please stay tuned to this web site.
The sign is clear with the I-140 petitions which was filed independently and pending before the concurrent filing regulation came into effect. It is, however, unclear at this point whether the Service Centers are also adopting the same policy with the concurrently filed I-140 petitions. Please stay tuned to this web site for the development of this news.