Will the FP notice be forwarded to the new address by postal service ?

pvc

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

Can somebody please tell me if the FP notice will be forwared to the new address by the postal service in case INS sends FP notice to the previous address.Between the time I changed the address, INS has already sent me an FP notice to the previous address.

Thanks in advance

Is it a theory or fact?

When you say "shouldn\'t", is it based on logic or some real expeiences? People talk a lot about INS letters (FP or anything) are not forwarded. But I only see posts that the letters are forwarded. Has anyone on this board had any experience that an INS letter IS NOT forwarded?

The POST OFFICE said that it would be an ERROR.

Hope your post office makes the same error again or that the person who told me this was wrong. Two different postal officials have told me this.

If you are not finger printed within 84 days of your assigned appointment your I-485 will be considered abandoned and canceled.

Seems like an awfully big risk to take.

Jim

Fact

I have talked to the Postal Authorities on this and was told that the Government mail is not forwarded like the regular mail. You have to file a change of address form with the INS, which is what I did. Someone also wrote in this Forum that you can call an IIO and ask him/her to update your address.

Another FACT , My FP Notice was NOT forwarded, Asked Lawyer to send me their copy

Another FACT , My FP was not forwarded, Asked Lawyer to send me their copy and used it to do FP.

If you filed through lawyer

If you filed through lawyer, won\'t the lawyer also get the copy
and send you the FP appt immediately.

PVC, did you get it?

Which local office you will go to? It seems to me that they still send you to Ohio.

Hello Jim

Jim,
Have you heard of any draw backs (like transfers to local office) of taking the FP in a earlier date than scheduled with INS-ASC\'s consent?
Any info. would be appreciated.

INS told me mail *not* forwarded

I did not even move (I just live in an area where mail service is
erratic, to put it politely) and my EAD was returned to the INS as
\'undeliverable.\'

When I spoke to an IIO last week (I\'m also moving soon), she
confirmed that all INS mail cannot be forwarded but told me to
wait until nearer the time--I move on June 1. She was very
adamant about this. I also visited the local INS and heard them
tell other applicants the same thing.

Changing address is easy--write to VSC or spend all day on
redial and call them. You can even give them your work address