Will submitting AR-11 delay the process???

ushap

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,

Please share your experiences on the following:

"If someone changed their address and submitted AR-11, then will this delay the 485 approval process in any way"

Technically it should not according to me as the mail correspondence should go to a new place, but I saw people saying that this change of address will delay the process and once my friend heard this from the IIO himself a couple of months back.

Please share your experiences.

Regardless of what will happen to your case, you MUST submit AR-11 within 10 days of moving to a new address.

It is required by law.

Hi GC012002,

I will submit the AR-11 form and also try to call INS to get the information updated as we all know the AR-11 does not guarantee the address change.

But wanted to know how much this "change of address" step will effect the processing times from the people who have a similar experience

I don't think it would affect so long as you relocate within the same INS/BCIS jurisdiction region.

Re: Hi GC012002,

I don't think AR11 has anything to do with the address change at VSC. If I remember correctly, I read that AR11 is a State Department requirement that is not to be confused with the process of advising the processing center of a change in address.

Originally posted by ushap
I will submit the AR-11 form and also try to call INS to get the information updated as we all know the AR-11 does not guarantee the address change.

But wanted to know how much this "change of address" step will effect the processing times from the people who have a similar experience

Not in my case

I submitted AR11s for me and my wife last May and called VSC to let them know too. My move was local. My RD was oct 18 2001 and my case got adjudicated on Nov 6 2002. So I believe there is no reason to believe that AR11 submission affects adjudication time adversely especially if the move is local.