Will status before 245(i) would matter??....

mundowise

Registered Users (C)
I entered the US with a Tourist Visa back in 1998 and I overstayed it. I got married to a US Citizen. Around that time INS temporally reinstated the 245(i) which allowed people on my situation to apply for adjustment of status in the US - which I did and was approved. I later got my GC. Now I am applying to be a citizen based on the 5 year rule (I divorced in 2006).

I am curious to know if the status that I have before the 245(i) will come up during the interview and if so how should I answer. Is the Immigration Officer going to inquiry about my status before I filed the 245(i)?....

we're both on the same boat now..i adjusted my status using 245i..now im applying for citizenship..i think were goin to be ok coz if you remember the policy of that law was for out of status so that they can apply for legal status and we paid $1k alone for illegal status and also some fees if you can find your documents and bring it with you..you'lle be fine..just think positive..

just remember we adjusted our status through legal way of section 245i and thats justifiable,just bring the records and documents with you..good luck!:)

Last edited by a moderator: