Will pending I-140 amendment prevent I-485 approval?

barbie2

Registered Users (C)
My company filed I-140 amendment on my behalf on 8/2001, in TSC and it was not approved yet.
My I-485 was filed in 7/2001, in VSC, so it should be approved soon. Will the pending I-140 amendment prevent me from getting the I-485 approved?
thanks

No Title

Thanks Jim, but...
My I-140 was already approved, and after that I filed I-485. Due to company restructuring, they re-applied the I-140 amendment. Does that invalidate the already approved I-140?
If it does, does that mean that I need to wait 180 days from the day the I-140 amendment is approved, instead of the receipt date?
thanks,

Of course you I-140 was approved

It is not valid since it needs to be amended. As far as the 180 days goes, nobody can say for certain since there are no implementing regulations for AC21.

Speak to the attorney handling your case since s/he is more familiar with your case than anyone else here could possibly be.

Jim

James D. Mills
(formerly Jim M)
Attorney at Law
jdmills@justice.com
732-644-5702

No Title

Hi Jim. I have one question: How INS in VSC would know an I-140 amendment was filed in TSC? Thank you.

They could ask TSC

It seems reasonable that VSC would verify the continued validity of the document that supports the I-485 filing. Both TSC and VSC are part of INS, the do communicate, and probably have computer access to eachother\'s data.

Jim

James D. Mills
Attorney at Law
jdmills@justice.com
732-644-5702

I asked my lawyer

I asked my lawyer about the I-140 amendment, and she said that it will not affect the I-485. She is the company\'s lawyer, and I do not know if to beleive her. Does anyone know if there is an INS phone number that I can call and ask?
thanks