Will JULY dates move fordward or backward: Your predictions

thera33

Registered Users (C)
Will July bulletin be as good as June. All of us would want it to remain that way if it roll back, then it will be Nightmare on Elm Street. Give your predictions. And good luck to all in June in getting their GC...you all deserve it.

I think it will advance a few months for all categories. By the way, everybody that answered my question last week regarding priority date transfer...THANKS A BUNCH...I contacted my lawyer...unfortunately, she wasn't aware of the regulation...so you guys have really helped both me and her other clients in my situation...Thanks again. :)

I think it will advance a few months for all categories. By the way, everybody that answered my question last week regarding priority date transfer...THANKS A BUNCH...I contacted my lawyer...unfortunately, she wasn't aware of the regulation...so you guys have really helped both me and her other clients in my situation...Thanks again. :)

Hi zz2006 can you please tell me where i can find the reply to your question regarding priority date transfer.

thanks

Hi staaram,
Well, I deleted the posts because I felt bad for my lawyer :( ...but a fellow forum member sent me this:

(e) Retention of section 203(b)(1), (2), or (3) priority date. A petition
approved on behalf of an alien under sections 203(b)(1), (2), or (3) of the
Act accords the alien the priority date of the approved petition for any sub-
sequently filed petition for any classification under sections 203(b)(1), (2), or
(3) of the Act for which the alien may qualify. In the event that the alien is
the beneficiary of multiple petitions under sections 203(b)(1), (2), or (3) of
the Act for which the alien may qualify. the alien shall be entitled to the ear-
liest priority date. A petition revoked under sections 204(e) or 205 of the
Act will not confer a priority date, nor will any priority date be established as
a result of a denied petition. A priority date is not transferable to another
alien

I believe that once you have your first i-140 approved, your employer can file a second perm and i-140, and once that is approved, when filing for i-485, you can recapture your initial priority date by indicating it on a cover letter and refering to the regulation in the letter as well. The other members know much more than I do about the topic. Perhaps you can consult with them or an attorney.

Good luck.:)

Last edited by a moderator:
hmmm

Will July bulletin be as good as June. All of us would want it to remain that way if it roll back, then it will be Nightmare on Elm Street. Give your predictions. And good luck to all in June in getting their GC...you all deserve it.

My best guess would be, there would not be any movement for July. Since they moved the PDs up by so many months for all categories for June, they might want to wait to see how many new 485s will be filed in the month of June and how many old cases they can approve. If they think they can accomodate more Visas for the current fiscal year, they might move the PDs again in August or September. Again, it is just a guess. We all know how unpredictable USCIS is. Let us see what happens in couple of weeks.

Dates could move forward in July by few months.

Dates could move forward in July by few months. Applicants whose PDs are current for the month of June will by applying till June 30th. July's visa bulletin should be out by the middle of June itself.

I am not sure USCIS is that quick to count what they have , what they are recieving and how many more applications they could recieve by the end of June.

It is all set in their inclination. They indicated that in the June bulletin that visa dates could move forward in July and in August too. After that they would retrogress it(for sure). Everyone knows there are not enough visa numbers available to sustain years worth of applicants.

Hi staaram,
Well, I deleted the posts because I felt bad for my lawyer :( ...but a fellow forum member sent me this:

(e) Retention of section 203(b)(1), (2), or (3) priority date. A petition
approved on behalf of an alien under sections 203(b)(1), (2), or (3) of the
Act accords the alien the priority date of the approved petition for any sub-
sequently filed petition for any classification under sections 203(b)(1), (2), or
(3) of the Act for which the alien may qualify. In the event that the alien is
the beneficiary of multiple petitions under sections 203(b)(1), (2), or (3) of
the Act for which the alien may qualify. the alien shall be entitled to the ear-
liest priority date. A petition revoked under sections 204(e) or 205 of the
Act will not confer a priority date, nor will any priority date be established as
a result of a denied petition. A priority date is not transferable to another
alien

I believe that once you have your first i-140 approved, your employer can file a second perm and i-140, and once that is approved, when filing for i-485, you can recapture your initial priority date by indicating it on a cover letter and refering to the regulation in the letter as well. The other members know much more than I do about the topic. Perhaps you can consult with them or an attorney.

Good luck.:)

Thanks zz2006. I will be talking to lawyer soon.

I dont think there would be any movement in July. They kept the dates for Eb2/Eb3 Ind stagnant for a long while, and suddenly jumped a long way.
They definitely would wait for the response in June, and then maybe move the dates backward (more likely), or forward for August.

My guess: No Movement in dates for Eb2,Eb3 Ind in July bulletin, Backward movement in August Bulletin. Eb3 ROW might move a little forward (4-6 months) in July bulletin, and eventually become current by october.
We may see big movements in dates in the new "visa year" though!

My PD is Aug 2005, and I am hoping to file 485 by December this year.

EB2

My guess is EB2-India and EB3-India go unavailable in July or possibly August (assuming adjudication paperwork delays).....

I am suspecitng that USCIS threw a bone infront of people before it enacts some stringent laws of "Labor Substitution elimination" & "Tripling/doubling of USCIS fees"
- just so that the limelight of these harsh decisions are subdued by temporarily vanishing "Retrogression"

what would prevent them from moving dates fwd for EB3 ?
I know it depends on anticipated demand ..but wont they get more revenue by moving dates fwd by a year ..and then keep issuing EAD's

If the dates will be retrogressed in July/August/Sept ..then it won't move forward in October. As the per country quota/Per catagory = just 3000 GCs.

I think if at all moves, it will move in the coming 1-3 months, other wise wait for another year...

The majority of the 2002/2003 were not filed in the past 2 years and the number of filings in this 1 month(June) will be lot many than what it was pending till today. So the delay will be delayed more, in the next year movement.

Pray to move now i.e. in the next 3 months...

Sree

I dont think there would be any movement in July. They kept the dates for Eb2/Eb3 Ind stagnant for a long while, and suddenly jumped a long way.
They definitely would wait for the response in June, and then maybe move the dates backward (more likely), or forward for August.

My guess: No Movement in dates for Eb2,Eb3 Ind in July bulletin, Backward movement in August Bulletin. Eb3 ROW might move a little forward (4-6 months) in July bulletin, and eventually become current by october.
We may see big movements in dates in the new "visa year" though!

My PD is Aug 2005, and I am hoping to file 485 by December this year.

EB2

Last edited by a moderator: