Will it impact GC processing if moved to another state

vijguy

Registered Users (C)
Hi Guys, I am a August 2002 I-485 filer. I have been with the same company, technically, for the past 5 years (current company bought our group from another company year and half ago. GC process is continuing from the previous company, (labor approved with the previous company and I-140 with the current one and GC by current company)).

Currently I am working in Virginia and may need to work on a project in Wisconsin. I am planning to move to wisconsin. Since Labor is approved for Washington DC metro area, Will it impact my GC process if I move to Wisonsin? Is there any chance to transfer my case to Nebraska service center from Vermont Service Center, since Wisconsin falls under Nebraska Service Center?

Guru's please give your valuable suggestions. I still have option to travel every week till the project ends (minimum 2 to 3 years project), but I don't want to travel for three years.

I moved 2 times after filing my 485. I also moved one place during 140 stage. I didnt got any RFE before my approval. Also I moved from VSC to CSC and NSC during that time.

I wont travell that much. I just filled AR-11.

Good Luck.

There may be a chance that your application will transfer to local office. VSC may transfer your case to NSC.

One of my frient done this.

Just like you, he moved to NSC service area. But he has given his friends address to bcis. few months back he got his green card.

It is up to you to decide. Best of luck.

Thanks for your reply

Normally, if I move to another Jurisdiction area such as from VSC to NSC, does the file tranfer to NSC? I am little bit worried if that is the case, as it adds up the existing disgusting delays in I-485 processing time.

If that is the case and If I run out of luck, then they may ask for recertification of Labor as well since my Labor approved for Washington DC area where as the work area is under Wisconsin..

I still have an option to travel every week on company's expenses. But I would like to save my rent which is mid $1000 by moving to Wisconsin since the company provides corporate apartment.

Dont listen manu... he looks like a j**k.

Telling you, I moved from VSC to CSC to NSC and got my approval without RFE. Just filed AR-11 all the time.

Good Luck.

Thanks to both Manumahi and jay_gc2001 for your suggestions

I was evaluating the worst case scenarios. If we don't get any RFE's, it may be smooth process to get GC as is the case of jay_gc2001.

Basically I am evaluating two scenarios..
1) If the file is transfered to local NSC service area, is there any chance of asking for redoing the Labor since the Labor was approved for washington DC area not in wisconsin area
2) If I give my friends address back in DC area for BCIS communication, and if I get an RFE for pay stubs and tax returns, will it be a problem if i file Wisonsin tax returns and pay slips that contains wisonsin address on it. Is there any chance of questioning by BCIS for the descepencies in the addresses on pay slips and the communication address given to BCIS?

I know all these are extreme cases, but evaluating the pros and cons of these scenarios before taking a decision to move to Wisconsin.

Thanks for all of your input..

1) If the file is transfered to local NSC service area, is there any chance of asking for redoing the Labor since the Labor was approved for washington DC area not in wisconsin area

- Files dosent gets transfered to different service area if you move. (many TSC guys would like to transfer their files to VSC in that case !!! it dosent happens)

If your case is transfered for an interview during 485, there is no need to redo Labor. You are fine.

But this also depends upon the way your LABOR is filed. I would ask the lawyer for that.

2) If I give my friends address back in DC area for BCIS communication, and if I get an RFE for pay stubs and tax returns, will it be a problem if i file Wisonsin tax returns and pay slips that contains wisonsin address on it. Is there any chance of questioning by BCIS for the descepencies in the addresses on pay slips and the communication address given to BCIS?

- I wont do that. I dont think one has to do that. Process of gatting a GC is not that complicated what you are thinking.

I filed my LABOR from VSC and has tax returns in VSC, TSC and NSC. It dosent matter. Many people have head office in NY, while they are on client site in CA or TX.... I dont think it matters.

Hope it will help you.

I would take the project and think about my work. Dont complicate the things..

Thanks jay_gc2001

It makes sense now. I have already sent an email to my lawyer yesterday, she did not reply so far...

I am with the same company and will be with the same company till I get GC, but need to move to Wisonsin on an implementation project.

Thanks again for your clarifications

I have also moved around a lot from west coast to east to mid-west but all the time just sent an AR-11. Each time I moved, I also called and spoke to an IIO to update my address.
My case is getting processed at VSC. (ND Mar 2002)

I think the choice of processing center is based on the location of your company's HQ.

Have fun on your new project...