Will change of adress affect gc application?

lywck

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I filed I485 in Sept 2002 but I have not received my finger print notice yet. My current apartment lease expires in May and I am considering to move to another town of the same State. Will change of address affect my gc application, eg, missing finger print notices, trigering RFEs, and missing the final approval notice as well the actual card?

Thanks,

lywck

I140 approved on Dec 09, 2002
I-485 ND 10/07/02
EAD and AP approved on Jan 28, 2003
No FP notices yet

As long as you are moving within the same state, and as long as you file AR-11 (Change of Address form), I don't think that should trigger any RFE or result in lost mail. This is my personal opinion. Maybe, people who have actually changed addresses will be able to guide you better.

In addition to filing AR-11 form also call VSC directly and update your new address. This should avoid any lost mail. If you only move 20-50 miles or so, I don't think that this will trigger an RFE.

Originally posted by lywck
Hi,

I filed I485 in Sept 2002 but I have not received my finger print notice yet. My current apartment lease expires in May and I am considering to move to another town of the same State. Will change of address affect my gc application, eg, missing finger print notices, trigering RFEs, and missing the final approval notice as well the actual card?

Thanks,

lywck

I140 approved on Dec 09, 2002
I-485 ND 10/07/02
EAD and AP approved on Jan 28, 2003
No FP notices yet

Cant speak for VSC, but I did my I-485 from NSC and moved just the day after they sent the FP notice, as expected, I didnt get the FP notice, but since my lawyer got one,he sent a copy to me and I used the copy to get my FP done.

Right after I moved (I moved within 20 miles from my old place) I filed AR-11 and my lawyer called the NSC guys and updated the new address so everything was fine after that. I got the approval notice and the Plastic card smoothly.

Ohh, also I got an RFE for Employment, not sure if its connected with the move, I am guessing YES because of the move, I can only speculate!. Other than that, I didnt notice any delays etc.