will a referral number speed up my application?

honeyc74

Registered Users (C)
I called USCIS today to determine if the LUD on Feb27 is about removing the hold-status on my I-765. The Customer Support said it's an internal processing and she doesn't know but she gave me a referral number and told me that she will inform my Local DO about my application bec. it is outside the range of processing time (30-90 days and mine is 127days now).

I have an infoPass appointment next week, with the referral number given to me does that mean I can get my iEAD then?

Last edited by a moderator:
you can get an iEAD anytime after the 90 days period. I would recommend that you take the Ref no and tell them the issue.. remember to take all your paper work , passport etc. You should get your iEAD that day unless they have already approved it and is stuck in some INS procedure blackhole

Good Luck,

EAD approved after getting a referral #?

I don't know if the referral # I got last week has got something to do with my EAD approval but I just got an email today telling me my EAD was approved... if it's the case, then maybe all applicants esp. those whose application are outside the processing date range should call USCIS and try to get a referral number... worth a try...