Wife's name on IV

amolnaik

Registered Users (C)
We got our Immigration visa on June 2nd.

We noticed that on the visa paper for my wife, the consulate has put both names - her maiden (full name) and below that her name post marriage.

Her passport bears her maiden name and therefore throughout the GC process we used her maiden name.

We would ideally like to have her post marriage name to appear on the Green Card. Considering that

a. Should she get her name changed on the passport? If yes, wouldn't the passport # change? The passport # is mentioned on the Immigration visa paper.

b. Would the immigration officer give us an option of which name to have on her Green Card/SSN? If not, could we request for the same?

Any ideas anybody?

Did you get any answers to ur query.
amolnaik said:
We got our Immigration visa on June 2nd.

We noticed that on the visa paper for my wife, the consulate has put both names - her maiden (full name) and below that her name post marriage.

Her passport bears her maiden name and therefore throughout the GC process we used her maiden name.

We would ideally like to have her post marriage name to appear on the Green Card. Considering that

a. Should she get her name changed on the passport? If yes, wouldn't the passport # change? The passport # is mentioned on the Immigration visa paper.

b. Would the immigration officer give us an option of which name to have on her Green Card/SSN? If not, could we request for the same?

Any ideas anybody?

amolnaik said:
I would not do it now.
Yes. They will. If not you can always give a soft reminder.