Wife's I-485 approved - EB3 PD 03/08/2001

patpat

Registered Users (C)
My wife's I-485 was approved yesterday after interview at newark local office. Iam the primary applicant on the application and my case was approved back in August 2005 after an interview at Newark office.

I didn't get my card yet. The officer who interviewed said that it may take 6-9 months to get the card...

EB-3, Priority date: 03/08/01
My I-485 Approval Date: 08/18/05
Wife's I-485 Approval date: 03/13/06

Last edited by a moderator:
non retro??, did you stamp your passport for travel, employment etc

patpat said:
My wife's I-485 was approved yesterday after interview at newark local office. Iam the primary applicant on the application and my case was approved back in August 2005 after an interview at Newark office.

I didn't get my card yet. The officer who interviewed said that it may take 6-9 months to get the card...

EB-3, Priority date: 03/08/01
My I-485 Approval Date: 08/18/05
Wife's I-485 Approval date: 03/13/06

Hi patpat,

As per some latest news is the PD on the I140 [ the PD of your LC cleared is considered ] or the PD of filing your I140 considered.

Please let us know.

Thanks,
BAGUSAC

It hasn't got anything to do with I-140. It is the date on which LC was submitted to DOL.
--Naveen Oshos
BAGUSAC said:
Hi patpat,

As per some latest news is the PD on the I140 [ the PD of your LC cleared is considered ] or the PD of filing your I140 considered.

Please let us know.

Thanks,
BAGUSAC

got I-551 stamping

WorryForGC,
I don't know what you mean by stamping for travel, employment. We got I-551, which is temporary stamping for 1 year. The interviewing officer said we should get our cards in mail...

Priority date is date the Labour is filed, even if it is substitution case..

EB3 or Eb2?

Patpat,
are you sure if your case is EB3? PD 03/08/01 was not current when you had interview in Aug 2005 nor now.

patpat, exactly that is what I wanted to know

as someone in the forum was refused that stamp and my situation is that I want to travel on AP and my dates are current, so wanted to check if the case is approved, then I can get the stamp and travel out as PR and not AP
patpat said:
WorryForGC,
I don't know what you mean by stamping for travel, employment. We got I-551, which is temporary stamping for 1 year. The interviewing officer said we should get our cards in mail...

Priority date is date the Labour is filed, even if it is substitution case..

patpat: How come they approve your Wife`s case with FP expired?
Anyways...congratullations and say bye-bye for this freak USCIS.

anukar,
My case is EB3. My FP was done in 10/2004 and wife's FP was done in 04/2005. When they approved my case in August 2005 the date was current but USCIS said the quota got exhausted. People who went for interview during that were not given stamping. They only mentioned 'Awaiting visa numbers availability..' in their passport..But i don't know why i was given I-551 stamping.

During that time i posted in the forum abt this. Some said it was put by mistake. Some said there would have been few visa numbers available and some said because of my computer science degree..

All these days i was worried abt what happened since i didn't get my card yet. The other when we went for my wife's interview the officer looked at my passport and verified that the stamping was done right...

The other thing is after my stamping, i went to Social Security office to get a new card, it wasn't updated with them then. They said they will verify with USCIS as it happens in some cases..In 10 days time i got a new card that means my status was updated correctly somewhere and my stamping was correct.

Anyway, i had a sigh of relief when the interviewing officer confirmed it. He said it could take 6-9 months for the cards to come...blah..blah..

jhawilla,
Iam not sure what would happen in case you are traveling and your case get approved....

Last edited by a moderator: