Wife's greencard after husband's citizenship

khushibose

Registered Users (C)
My husband's naturalization interview is scheduled on March 3rd. I (his wife) am on student F1 visa. We had applied for my I-130 soon after we got married (4 1/2 years back) and received "notice of approval" in August 2007. My question is:

1. Assuming his interview goes well and he gets citizenship what shud be the next step for us to get my green card?

2. Approximately how long would it take a citizen's spouse to get green card. Will I be in the same line as others who have applied for green card based on employement?

Thanks for your response.

Not sure whether your PD has become current yet or not, but assuming it hasn't, your husband will need to send a copy of his natz cert to USCIS in order to upgrade your petition to Immediate Relative category. Once you apply for I-485, you'll be looking at 6-9 months to complete the AOS process and be approved for GC.

Same as your situation

My husband's naturalization interview is scheduled on March 3rd. I (his wife) am on student F1 visa. We had applied for my I-130 soon after we got married (4 1/2 years back) and received "notice of approval" in August 2007. My question is:

1. Assuming his interview goes well and he gets citizenship what shud be the next step for us to get my green card?

2. Approximately how long would it take a citizen's spouse to get green card. Will I be in the same line as others who have applied for green card based on employement?

Khushibose,

I recently got my citizenship. My wife recently received her I-130 approval notice. I have applied for her GC last week along with the copy of I-130 approval notice. Assuming that you are here physically in US, the process shouldn't take more than 3-4 months max. boatbod must be thinking that you won't be in US at the time of filing, probably in India or Pakistan that's why he said 6-9 months.

^What if a spouse is in Pakistan? I applied for my citizenship back in July 07 and still wating for my interview. How long do you think will it take to get my wife here once I get my citizenship?

Time frame

^What if a spouse is in Pakistan? I applied for my citizenship back in July 07 and still wating for my interview. How long do you think will it take to get my wife here once I get my citizenship?

I'd say probably 6 months to a year max.

Hi Atlanta_Brother,

When you say you filed for your wife's GC does that mean you filed I-485?

Thanks,
Khushi.

Paperwork required to file GC

Hi Atlanta_Brother,

When you say you filed for your wife's GC does that mean you filed I-485?

Thanks,
Khushi.

1) I-130 receipt notice (if filed)
or
2) I-130 approval notice (if approved)

otherwise you will file I-485 (adjustment of status along with I-130) and other necessary paperwork such as I-864 (affidavit of support from sponsor) and other supporting documents.

Atlanta_Brother,
Need a little help here friend. I have a situation (i.e. I am eligible to apply for citizenship, while wife is B-1 out of status). I recalled a post from you where you mentioned that one of your friend had the same situation. I was wondering if I you can share his experience.

I would appreciate your help.

Thanks.

Atlanta_Brother,
Need a little help here friend. I have a situation (i.e. I am eligible to apply for citizenship, while wife is B-1 out of status). I recalled a post from you where you mentioned that one of your friend had the same situation. I was wondering if I you can share his experience.

I would appreciate your help.

Thanks.
tsalman,
Please e-mail me at atlantabrother@hotmail.com if you have any specific question or concern. What exactly you are trying to do. I'll try to help you out.
Thanks.

Student - Citizenship

Hi,

I am in the same boat as well.
Just to make sure, can you confirm this?

I am waiting to hear about the interview date.
My wife is currently holding F1 visa.
We have not applied I-130 yet.

When should I apply for I-130.. Is it wrong if I didnt apply it soon after the marriage?

I read soon after I get my citizenship, I can apply for I-130, I-485, and EAD, parole forms together.

Do I need to file one after the other?

thanks in advance

Hi -

Can you please let me know if the I-130 was sent to the National Visa Center (NVC) after it was approved? I filed for my wife as well and it got approved but since she is ineligible to adjust right - because her priority date is not current - they have forwarded the file to NVC. I was under the assumption that they kept the file at USCIS if you indicated you would adjust in the USA.

thanks!