Wife's GC after husband's naturalization

khushibose

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

My husband's citizenship oath ceremony is on April 16th, 2008. We had filed for my I-130 in 2004 which we got approval in 2007. Right now I am on F-1 visa. After my husband gets his citizenship which I assume will be on the 16th of April what should we do to process my green card?
Thanks in advance.

Hi,

My husband's citizenship oath ceremony is on April 16th, 2008. We had filed for my I-130 in 2004 which we got approval in 2007. Right now I am on F-1 visa. After my husband gets his citizenship which I assume will be on the 16th of April what should we do to process my green card?
Thanks in advance.

First, call USCIS immediately to upgrade your petition to that of an immediate relative. Then, follow their instructions.

Green card process

Hi,

Thanks in advance.

khushibose,

I am sure you are here in US. In that case you don't have to call anybody to upgrade your file. You do that if you were overseas (outside of US). If that was the scenario your husband would call USCIS to have your file upgraded and then you would have to go thru NVC (National visa center) something like that.

Your I-130 is approved. You should file I-485, I-864, G325, I-693 (medical exam) along with your approved I-130 to Chicago lockbox, that's it.