wife's AP RFE...whats the deal here

nikbuds

Registered Users (C)
hi folks,

I had sent my wife's and my application together ( two separate bundles in one package) to USCIS texas...

mine got approved, but they sent my wife's back saying that there is no valid I-140 to warrant a valid I-485..

both of us have pending I-485 , and i had sent I-140 with my application ..since both applications went together , i didnt send my I-140 with her application.

is my I-140 is what they are looking for...would is suffice if i just send them back my I-140 and the marriage certificate...or is something else also needed..

thanks in advance,

nikbuds said:
hi folks,

I had sent my wife's and my application together ( two separate bundles in one package) to USCIS texas...

mine got approved, but they sent my wife's back saying that there is no valid I-140 to warrant a valid I-485..

both of us have pending I-485 , and i had sent I-140 with my application ..since both applications went together , i didnt send my I-140 with her application.

is my I-140 is what they are looking for...would is suffice if i just send them back my I-140 and the marriage certificate...or is something else also needed..

thanks in advance,

Each application is considered individual i guess, may be they were looking for a I140 receipt notice. But the thing is when i applied for AP i never sent I140 copies for neither me or for my wife. I dont think its required. However you need to send I485 receipt notice copies for both applications.

Send color copy of your wife's passport (page showing name, dob and photo) and a color copy of her drivers license along with other docs.

>> I dont think its required. However you need to send I485 receipt notice copies for both applications.

I thought so too...

>> Send color copy of your wife's passport (page showing name, dob and photo) and a color copy of her drivers license along with other docs.

...i had sent these already ...along with 485 recept notices. Do i need to send these in again.. ?

thanks

Ak2003 said:
Each application is considered individual i guess, may be they were looking for a I140 receipt notice. But the thing is when i applied for AP i never sent I140 copies for neither me or for my wife. I dont think its required. However you need to send I485 receipt notice copies for both applications.

Send color copy of your wife's passport (page showing name, dob and photo) and a color copy of her drivers license along with other docs.

Ak2003 said:
.Send color copy of your wife's passport (page showing name, dob and photo) and a color copy of her drivers license along with other docs.

Doing photocopy of any govt document is illegal - unless govt itself asks for it. Don't do color photocopy unless they asks for it (sometimes they do).

Each application is reviewed individually, even if you send two applications together.
If you did not enclose her I-485 + your I-485 receipt (yes, both) with her application, they can assume that she not a derivative, but primary I-485 applicant. So, they were looking for her I-140 and obviously they did not get it.
Send
1. her I-485
2. your I-485
3. your I-140
4. marriage certificate

nikbuds said:
hi folks,

thanks in advance,