Wife\'s in India, PCC from RPO, what happened to Prasad/Anand

namelater

Registered Users (C)
As I have posted my situation in earlier messages, my wife left to India even before this PCC became a must. She has taken PCC from RPO and also has the letter from local police station.

I knew that there were couple of gentlemen in the same boat, and they were attending intrviews in Feb. I remember one name as Prasad Kodali and another one I think is Mr Anand.

I have tried to trace them, but my effort went in vain.

Has anyone of you know anybody, who was in the same situation!. If they have already attended, I am curious to know the outcomes, or if you know anyone going to attend, also please respond to this, I would like to discuss what they are doing.

Thanks,
Namelater

pcc

pcc from rpo and local police are good.
for me, both were asked for.
you should be ok with the above.

Were you in the same situation as I am?

First of all thanks for your reply

Please clarify..... My wife\'s official address still shows as US address on all p3 and p4 forms. However, she left to India much before this PCC became a must. I knew that pcc from RPO and pcc from local police station are required, for the people filing from India, but in my wife\'s case it is different.

Are you or your spouse in the same condition?
Details would be highly appreciated.

It should not affect whether your wife takes PCC from India or US

Mr. Namelater-
Let me understand yr case, you seem to be perplexed with.
Your wife\'s permanent address is US and is currently in India and she has taken PCC/RPO and letter from local police stn. You want to know whether that PCC will hold good. Is that right ?

Concept#1- PCC from CGNY is only given when -PCC is accepted/no reply within 45 days - by RPO concerned in India.
Concept#2- PCC is needed from all prospective temp residents, who have lived outside US for more than 180 days after age of 16.

If you sum up both the concepts, it seems most logical for a person living in US, taking PCC from which-ever country & concerned RPO.

I am exactly in same boat. I am also not yet interview-ised. My wife resides with me in US, is currently in India from early Jan (before PCC became mandatory), she has taken PCC and we are expecting interview in next 1.5 months.

My lawyer (read- very strict, over cautious) has happily accepted PCC and he has sent PCC with Packet 3 to Mumbai consulate.

Thank you friend "EK Gc........

First of all let me thank you Mr Ek.....
Neither I am perplexed nor I am panic with my case. At the worst, consulate won\'t reject her case and I can get my wife\'s PCC from CG Chicago, after I comeback to US, and mail it to her and that will take put everything to the rest.....

I was only trying to pro-active here, just to take the inputs from similar experiences. Anyway, thank again

It is possible

One of my friend did similiar thing. They went back to India, got PCC from ND RPO in 1 day and ND consulate accepted it.
BTW, I am doing similiar thing for my wife.

nameleter

your wife should be Ok with rpo pcc and local police. for us it was fine. and they don\'t care about your addresses. if they do, you have a perfectly valid explanation. just relax.

anandrk