Wife Received Fingerprint, Mine Missing. Can I go with wife and get it Done

harvinder

Registered Users (C)
My I485 date is Oct 2002. My wife is my dependent and she received her Fingerprint while mine are missing. Online status has not changed for either one of us. Mine may be missing because of adress change. I changed my apt more than a year ago.
My question is can I go with my wife and tell them to take my fingerprints too as I haven't received mine or is there any other way.
Any suggestions or experience will be appreicated.

We are in the same situation

The same as mine. As the primary applicant, I haven't got the FP notice while my wife got it last week. Hopefully I would get it in my mail box tonight.

Same with me too. I am still waiting for the FP notice and my wife's FP is scheduled on 24 Sept.
RD / I-485 : Sept 2002

Yes you all can go request for finger print for yourselves, but the catch is some places the officers who collect finger prints might be strict to say that you need to have a letter from USCIS. This wasn't the case before. But now I see this often.

no harm in trying

Harvinder,

You can certainly go with your wife to the FP location and explain your situation and ask to be fingerprinted. Usually these folks are contractors who work for USCIS and unlike their clients they are more business-like and courteous (at least that was my experience after visiting them three times). They can easily check the USCIS computers to see if an FP notice was mailed to you. I have read in this forum earlier that in situation same as yours they are known to have created a notice on the spot and go through with the FP. Good luck buddy!

sg_rg2
ND 09/01
AD 07/04

I got my wife's FP notice first similar to others for next month. When I checked mine with my lawyer I was told that I also received FP notice.
The FP notice went to my lawyer and also to my old address.The online status didnot change though .So hang on and you will get FP notice.

PD/RD : Oct 30, 2002
2 EADs and APs
FP notice received Sep 1st,2004.
FP Date : Soon