Wierd Case Finally Got Approved||||||||||||||||||||||

kgoginen

Registered Users (C)
Hi all, Finally and I really mean FINALLY its my chance to say that my case has been approved. My case has so many twists that I think everybody has something to learn from it.

My Green card process started in the month of sept. 1999. My labor was approved in two weeks. I thought that was great. The attorney applied for the I-140 in the vermont center in November of 1999 and I got the approval in July of 2000. At that time I did not know that my I-140 was approved for CP. I talked to my attorney before the approval to find out if it was possible to apply my I-140 for CP and he said since its been mailed out already it would delay the process if we try to do that. Anyways,the approval came and it was for CP but UNLUCKY me the attorney filed the 485 for adjustemnent of status with a RD of Oct 3, 2000 and a ND of NOV 1, 2000. I was laid off by my employer with a month of severance pkg. The effective date of the lay off was the 12th of FEB 2001. Even though I got a job immediately I waited to complete my 6 months so I took up the new job on the 9th of April 2001. Also the attorney filed for my 485 at NSC. I got the finger printing notice in June of 2001. I also got the yellow form along with it. I got the finger printing done on the 23rd of june and responded back to the yellow form with a letter from the new employer. I also attached all the documents that we send along with the 485 like checks from the new employer new h-1(by the way I did not use my EAD eventhough I was approved from my AP and EAD on the 11th of JAN 2001).
Then i waited and waited and waited. Nothing was happening on my case. I was expecting atleast an RFE regarding employment since i changed the employer. But nothing happened for almost a year. I could not take that any longer and started calling the IIO and got the same answer everytime that my file was in some waiting area and that I should wait for some more time. I contacted the local senator\'s office and tried from three different offices. I found a nice lady in Debbie Stabenaw\'s office who knew what she is talking about and who was really willing to help. (PPL FROM MI AREA, IF THINK YOUR CASE IS DELAYED PLEASE CALL CHRISTINA JUAREZ IN DEBBIE STABENAW\'s OFFICE.) Even though in the begining she could not give me much information about my case because she was being told the same that the file is in some waiting area she was very prompt and encouraging. Anyways In the mean time i read a new thread about cases being delayed for those guys who got who got their I-140 approved for cp but filed for AOS. I got intouch with RAMUKESI(nice enough to call me back after i left him a message. He clearly walked me through the process of getting the MDR number from the NVC and also when to call the American consulate in Madras and what information I should be asking them. THANK YOU VERY MUCH RAMUKESI.) I called madras only to find that my file was still in madras and that no request has been made from the NSC. In the mean time I changed jobs again in Nov of 2001. I was trying to work through my new company\'s attorneys. They could not get any information on my case because they were not the listed on my I-485. So I had no other option but to go back to the attorney who filed for my 485. He was nice enough to find out the staus for me and on march 18 he said that my case has been assigned to an officer. I could not beleive it and called the INS the following day and found out that my case has been assigned on the 19th of march. On apr 9th Christina called me back and said that my case is with a supervisor and that he is looking into my employment information(the letter i sent during my finger printing). I was expecting for a RFE and was checking the VM everyday but nothing was happening. I called the Ins again on the 6th of May and talked to a officer. She said that my case is still with a officer and that they have new security checks in place because of the sept 11th and it may take a couple of

APPROVED|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Hi all, Finally and I really mean FINALLY its my chance to say that my case has been approved. My case has so many twists that I think everybody has something to learn from it.

My Green card process started in the month of sept. 1999. My labor was approved in two weeks. I thought that was great. The attorney applied for the I-140 in the vermont center in November of 1999 and I got the approval in July of 2000. At that time I did not know that my I-140 was approved for CP. I talked to my attorney before the approval to find out if it was possible to apply my I-140 for CP and he said since its been mailed out already it would delay the process if we try to do that. Anyways,the approval came and it was for CP but UNLUCKY me the attorney filed the 485 for adjustemnent of status with a RD of Oct 3, 2000 and a ND of NOV 1, 2000. I was laid off by my employer with a month of severance pkg. The effective date of the lay off was the 12th of FEB 2001. Even though I got a job immediately I waited to complete my 6 months so I took up the new job on the 9th of April 2001. Also the attorney filed for my 485 at NSC. I got the finger printing notice in June of 2001. I also got the yellow form along with it. I got the finger printing done on the 23rd of june and responded back to the yellow form with a letter from the new employer. I also attached all the documents that we send along with the 485 like checks from the new employer new h-1(by the way I did not use my EAD eventhough I was approved from my AP and EAD on the 11th of JAN 2001).
Then i waited and waited and waited. Nothing was happening on my case. I was expecting atleast an RFE regarding employment since i changed the employer. But nothing happened for almost a year. I could not take that any longer and started calling the IIO and got the same answer everytime that my file was in some waiting area and that I should wait for some more time. I contacted the local senator\'s office and tried from three different offices. I found a nice lady in Debbie Stabenaw\'s office who knew what she is talking about and who was really willing to help. (PPL FROM MI AREA, IF THINK YOUR CASE IS DELAYED PLEASE CALL CHRISTINA JUAREZ IN DEBBIE STABENAW\'s OFFICE.) Even though in the begining she could not give me much information about my case because she was being told the same that the file is in some waiting area she was very prompt and encouraging. Anyways In the mean time i read a new thread about cases being delayed for those guys who got who got their I-140 approved for cp but filed for AOS. I got intouch with RAMUKESI(nice enough to call me back after i left him a message. He clearly walked me through the process of getting the MDR number from the NVC and also when to call the American consulate in Madras and what information I should be asking them. THANK YOU VERY MUCH RAMUKESI.) I called madras only to find that my file was still in madras and that no request has been made from the NSC. In the mean time I changed jobs again in Nov of 2001. I was trying to work through my new company\'s attorneys. They could not get any information on my case because they were not the listed on my I-485. So I had no other option but to go back to the attorney who filed for my 485. He was nice enough to find out the staus for me and on march 18 he said that my case has been assigned to an officer. I could not beleive it and called the INS the following day and found out that my case has been assigned on the 19th of march. On apr 9th Christina called me back and said that my case is with a supervisor and that he is looking into my employment information(the letter i sent during my finger printing). I was expecting for a RFE and was checking the VM everyday but nothing was happening. I called the Ins again on the 6th of May and talked to a officer. She said that my case is still with a officer and that they have new security checks in place because of the sept 11th and it may take a couple of months more before I really hear anything from them. But to my amazement I checked the avM yesterday to find out my case has been been approved. I could not beleive it and I checked it almost 10 times. MY wifes case has been approved too. Per AVM the case has been approved on the 7th of May. I still did not get the approval notice. I think its going to take a couple of weeks before i get it and I dont mind waiting for those two weeks as long as i get it.

Thanks for the site its been very helpful and painful at times. I sincerely hope all the others who are in the same boat as me will get their approvals verry quickly as I see a lot of approvals in the last couple of days. I am more than happy to share my information with all those who used the AC-21 rule to change jobs and for the rest of you guys your day will come.

pardon me if the posting is too long. I just wanted to put in as much info as possible so that ppl would get some encouragement knowing that they are not alone and there are guys out there with similar fate and in the same boat.

Congrats!. I am patiently waiting. I am giving some more time to NSC, because of security check dela

kgoginen, Congratulations! Great Sincereity, you deserve the approval even though

it took such a long time, enjoy it! Is there an email that I can
contact you if I have some questions?
Thanks.

congratulations! and thanks for all the details... it helps to know as much as possible. good luck!

Thats wonderful news!!Congrats . Pl.post your info at....

http://www.rupnet.com/immigration
Congrats to you and your wife and enjoy life now.
I, once by mistake keyed in wrong EAC(I am a VSC guy) and heard msg"This case has been approved"
Me and my wife were literally jumping and crying.
Since then, I am waiting more desperately than ever.
Anyways, thanks and enjoy
greaty-k

Is there a diff number to reach NSC?

I was trying hard for the last 2 days.. I could get hold of it.

Similar case I-140 CP got RFE

Got RFE about I-140 amendment.
I-140 was with \'A\'. Comany \'B\' bought \'A\' in the middle of I-140.
Then field I-485 with \'B\'.
RD: 10/00 (NSC)
ND: 11/00
Got RFE APR 16th.
field amendment for I-140