Widowed Mother - Filing for GC - Intent to Immigrate?

simidude

Registered Users (C)
I am going to be US naturalized CItizen in 2 weeks. My widowed mother who is almost 66 yrs old has come to USA on a B2 visa in first week of Sep 2005. At the port of entry, she got a I-94 stamped for 6 months (first week of March 2006). She has a multiple 10 year visa which expires in 2008. SHe has come to USA at least 6 times in the last 8 yrs, everytime staying 6 months. She never overstayed her I-94 time line.
The questions I have is
1) Can I file for her I-130, 131, 485, 864, 693 with Chicago lock box immediately. (in the next couple of weeks after I become citizen)? The reason I am asking is since she is here only less than a month, is there a possibilty her I-485 be denied at the time of adjudication as the BICS can claim that she had an "intent to immigrate" when she entered the USA.

2) If the answer is yes, how long should I need to wait before I can file the application packet to Chicago lock box.?

Thanks and appreciate all your help in advance.

simidude said:
I am going to be US naturalized CItizen in 2 weeks. My widowed mother who is almost 66 yrs old has come to USA on a B2 visa in first week of Sep 2005. At the port of entry, she got a I-94 stamped for 6 months (first week of March 2006). She has a multiple 10 year visa which expires in 2008. SHe has come to USA at least 6 times in the last 8 yrs, everytime staying 6 months. She never overstayed her I-94 time line.
The questions I have is
1) Can I file for her I-130, 131, 485, 864, 693 with Chicago lock box immediately. (in the next couple of weeks after I become citizen)? The reason I am asking is since she is here only less than a month, is there a possibilty her I-485 be denied at the time of adjudication as the BICS can claim that she had an "intent to immigrate" when she entered the USA.
Yes you could, but many lawyers recommend that you wait for atleast 60 days from the date of entry into US.

2) If the answer is yes, how long should I need to wait before I can file the application packet to Chicago lock box.?

Thanks and appreciate all your help in advance.