Why we dont participate in a activity against current EB-Retrogression?

I cannot participate because

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

techy2468

Registered Users (C)
please forward link to this poll to all your friends who you know are affected by retrogression.
I am interested to know the reason why only 200-400 people participate in any acitivty to fight against retrogression.

I am also aware that those person may choose not at all to show up on this poll, but there is no harm in trying.

Last edited by a moderator:
what kinda activity techy? What is the proposition? We need to do more than just a mere poll now

i am just trying to get a feel, we will think of the activities later....as required for a situation...similar to the fax/letter we are doing for s.1932 right now..

but one thing i just realised is that....non members cannot vote....

i hope people will send this link to all their friends.

Awareness seems to be a major problem!!

I spoke to 3 of my friends (GC aspirants) today, two of them were aware of this website but had not been here since months, 1 was not aware of this website & none was aware of this forum thread.
I feel there is a strong need to make all GC aspirants aware of this forum/our community efforts & urge them to actively participate in our ongoing fight against retrogression & GC processing delays as a wider group can have a greater impact.

They can participate by communicating with their congressman/senators through phone , e-mail, webfax etc ( we need to inform them that many of us have already contacted our senators/congressman & received positive replies which they can check here - they should not feel they would be the only ones standing out from the crowd) , expressing their opinions/views in the discussion here , posting their questions/concerns or ideas on how we can better our efforts etc etc whatever is their comfort level.

Let’s each of us e-mail 5 of our GC aspirant friends & ask each of them to e-mail 5 of their GC aspirant friends & so on
Any thoughts ?

i have almost given up on this....i had sent few emails to few of my friends...did not follow up yet....but i will talk to them and see whats their take on retrogression.

njrir thanks for the update...in your case it turned out that ignorence is a major factor for people not coming out to participate....lets try to write just one liners to our friends to come to this forum..

I agree

njrir said:
I spoke to 3 of my friends (GC aspirants) today, two of them were aware of this website but had not been here since months, 1 was not aware of this website & none was aware of this forum thread.
I feel there is a strong need to make all GC aspirants aware of this forum/our community efforts & urge them to actively participate in our ongoing fight against retrogression & GC processing delays as a wider group can have a greater impact.

They can participate by communicating with their congressman/senators through phone , e-mail, webfax etc ( we need to inform them that many of us have already contacted our senators/congressman & received positive replies which they can check here - they should not feel they would be the only ones standing out from the crowd) , expressing their opinions/views in the discussion here , posting their questions/concerns or ideas on how we can better our efforts etc etc whatever is their comfort level.

Let’s each of us e-mail 5 of our GC aspirant friends & ask each of them to e-mail 5 of their GC aspirant friends & so on
Any thoughts ?

The awareness seens to be the major problem. I am working with some of my friends, who did not know about this site & the effort. Now some of them trying to get their friends into this stream. Some are sending me emails to let them know when & what fax to send. Interesting thing is some of my friends who has already got their GC like to be a part of this effort (email & fax to the senators).

There is no real mystery about this. I will give you some of the reasons. Most of these apply to majority of people who are effected by retrogression or still waiting at some stage of GC.

1. Why should I waste time lurking on stupid forums. Its not going to achieve anything.
2. There are other stupids who will do the required work, I am smart enought not to waste my time and energy.
3. One of my stupid friend already lurks daily on these forums, and he keeps giving us updates and keeps whining about all this retrogrssion thingy. We dont need to go there.
4. Its a forum full of desi's who have no other work.
5. I visit the forums regularly but I usually dont sign up, its against my policy. I am not stupid.
6. I did sign up but I usually dont post unless I specifically want something.

None of the friends I know who are still waiting for GC (There are probably 25-30), are members of this forum.
Some of them do visit this every now and then to look at the processing dates, but thats it. Most who I meet regularly say what is mentioned in (3) above.
There are others who will stare blank back at you if you mention that there is sometime called retrogression going on with GC.

And mojority feel that other people for whom its more important will do all the hard work. They dont really need to do anything.

neocor...i agree with most of the thing u said....but i think not many think that someone will do the work and they will also get the benefit....i am yet to confirm the actual reason from my friends....but i think....
they beleive....we wont acheive anything....becos they are still perceiving indian govt system., hence they feel that its a waste of time sending fax and all (even some of my american frnds think so....)....they think they can better utilise the time to improve career (infact people in major metros hardly have any time left after travelling 2 hours and spending 9-10 hours at work...).........and most of them find this topic depressing....so they avoid it..(instead they would like to look at good babes...or read news...or catchup on celebrity happenings...)