• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Why was the date changed?

The past years it was May 1st, why is it the 15 this year?..

Because they had a problem with the original entries and had to have a new entry period later than the usual. At the same time they announced this, they announced the new draw date.

Because they had a problem with the original entries and had to have a new entry period later than the usual. At the same time they announced this, they announced the new draw date.

This is correct, but I never understood why a delayed entry period has to result in a later status check date? Obviously, they will have their reasons but I was curious myself.

This is correct, but I never understood why a delayed entry period has to result in a later status check date? Obviously, they will have their reasons but I was curious myself.

I believe it is to do with the CSPA. The gap between the day the lottery starts and the day of the announcement is used as the period of protection that children are given to "extend" their period of being a child. So - if the entry date moved but not the announcement date, it would cut down the period of protection - which may lead to legal challenges.

http://britsimonsays.com/child-turn-21-can-heshe-get-visa/