Why was my I-485 transferred from TSC to NSC today?

fast_tracker

I move from Missouri to Texas this July and then applied for NIW I-140 to TSC. After its approval, I submitted I-485 in August and did FP code 3 before October 1. Today I found the online status becomes

Current Status:

On November 1, 2005, we transferred your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status to our office in LINCOLN, NE for them to schedule and conduct your interview. Scheduling can take several months. Our office in LINCOLN, NE will notify you when they schedule your interview or take other action on your case. If you need further information, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283.

I am really confused about what CIS did on my case. Could any guru shed any light on this weird status? Thanks a lot.

Hi

Hi I am not a “guru” I am new in this forum, but this just happened to me, first I received the email on the 26 and then on Monday I got this letter. It has address and telephone of LNC this may help you.

10-26-05 Notice Type: Transfer Notice

preliminary processing of the above application or petition has been competed, and it has been transferred to the INS office at
Nebraska Service Center, P.O. Box 82521, Lincoln, NE 68501-2521
Telephone (402) 437-5218

that office will notify you when they schedule an interview on the application or petition. Any further inquiries should be made to that office."

When I spoke to TSC, the representative told me that I had to remember that TSC and LNC are processing center they will schedule the interview in Miami or West Palm because I explained that I lived in Florida and my husband's employers is in Florida.

If you read A couple of message down you will see a message written by “mvusa” another person “Kamma” has the same problem and “sara76” is helping us out. That happened and was a mistake and it took 8 months to take the case back to TSC, so I suggest you or your layer follow up

I will call Nebraska on Friday to give them a Week. I will keep you posted.
Wish you well, Hope05

fast tracker :
First of all...
Don't panic, as POJ, always says. It is not uncommon, lately, for TSC to transfer cases to Nebraska. Couple of people here have encountered the same.
you will receive a written notice soon confirming the transfer. It seems TSC is sharing work load with Nebraska in order to speed up processing, which is a good thing!.
keep us posted. You can call TSC (see prince of jungle's posting on the thread I wrote concerning this matter).
Good Luck!