Why VSC is not processing I-140 in EB2

sn99

Registered Users (C)
On 3/15/2003 , VSC I-140 processing date for EB2 was 07/27/2002 and after that the date is going back or remains same for EB2. Now it is 05/31/2003 and remains same for least a month. Does anyone know why EB2 I-140 are not moving forward while EB3 I-140 are moving ahead.
Any hope for EB2 applicants.
My I-140 RD : 10/31/2003. Non Concurrent
Thnks

SN99

I am in the same boat. VSC is pretty random. I have seen some July 2002 and Aug 2002 EB-21 approvals. but still VSC shows E21 Date 05/31/2002.

Looks like they might have found out some left-over cases.

BCIS cant get the processing dates straight

BCIS must struggle every two weeks put out an irrelevant and inaccurate processing report. hope thhere is some brain power left in that organization to approve our cases.

if the processing report is any evidence of their accuracy than i shall have my application approved in 3 to 300 months.

It is more like VSC is overwhelmed with the backlog and are not quite sure of what to do. They seems to be trying to process some recent submittals so that they can change their message to say that it takes 30-360 days. Its pathetic. A process that was one of the fastest (between the LC,140 & 485) and use to take 30-90 days now takes over a year.

Processing Dates Moving.

Inching along. Hope they dont push the dates back in the next processing report.

Last edited by a moderator:
hey guys:

VSC has not pushed the dates back on eb2 category. they have moved forward by 2 days. but a big progress with eb13 category...moved forward by about 3-4 months.

1..My lawyer is saying file I140 first and then go for I-485. in this case 140 is getting approved within 3-4 months. but if we apply for the concurrent processing, it takes more than 8 months for the 140 approval. does it true?

2.Also I am wondering if we can apply 485 anytime after we filed the 140? ie., when 140 is pending , can we apply 485 anytime or have to wait for 140 to be completed?

Since 485 needs medical tests and other proof of documents and it takes some time ,I think it will be much quicker to apply for 140 first, then after a month apply for 485.
Please let me know will that be possible?

Thanks

1..My lawyer is saying file I140 first and then go for I-485. in this case 140 is getting approved within 3-4 months. but if we apply for the concurrent processing, it takes more than 8 months for the 140 approval. does it true?
Answer: This is true based on what we are seeing in this forum. With concurrent filing it is taking longer to get I-140 approved. Duration for approval depends on what service center you have applied to and what category your LC was filed under.

2.Also I am wondering if we can apply 485 anytime after we filed the 140? ie., when 140 is pending , can we apply 485 anytime or have to wait for 140 to be completed?
Answer: Yes you can apply for 485 after filing for I-140 but if 485 is filed before I-140 is approved it may still be considered as concurrent filing.

Since 485 needs medical tests and other proof of documents and it takes some time ,I think it will be much quicker to apply for 140 first, then after a month apply for 485. Please let me know will that be possible?
Answer: Medical Tests and documents required for 485 are same as that required for CP. Difference is that with 485 you provide documents and do medicals within usa and with CP you do the same in your home country.

Originally posted by kdivekar
hey guys:

VSC has not pushed the dates back on eb2 category. they have moved forward by 2 days. but a big progress with eb13 category...moved forward by about 3-4 months.

I think eb13 is EB1 category and eb21 is EB2. Can you confirm this?