Why two different approval messages

Aniket19

Registered Users (C)
I just have a question
When I and Punjabi Munda got appoval on september 2, 2005 we had same following message

On September 2, 2005, after approving your application, we ordered you a new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready.

Today deperate asylee got approved and has the following message

This case has been approved. On September 6, 2005, an approval notice was mailed. If 14 days have passed and you have not received this notice, you may wish to verify or update your address. To update your address, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283.

Can anyone figure it out why 2 different approval messages for same catagory?
Thanks everyone.

What did your approval say aniket?..I think some get one notice saying approval and card sent...some get approval and then another that says card sent...? I am not sure though.

I got both messages...after approval I got the second message posted and later (a couple of months) I got the first one few days before getting the card.

BCIS Status Messages

One thing about this status message thing...

I have received my travel document in mid July, and the status message says that "it is currently taking hundreds of days for this kind of case....."

Therefore, the logical conclusion is that they do not update the messages regularly, in other words, there is a delay in some of their responses.

D

wantmygcnow said:
What did your approval say aniket?..I think some get one notice saying approval and card sent...some get approval and then another that says card sent...? I am not sure though.

Mine says the following message:

"On September 2, 2005, after approving your application, we ordered you a new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready."
And one more thing I still can't see (after approving case on 09/02/05) my LUD message (last they have reviewed my file is on 09/06/05). I tried to call them yesterday, but there was long waiting period, I will try today

Thanks

Aniket19 said:
Mine says the following message:

"On September 2, 2005, after approving your application, we ordered you a new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready."
And one more thing I still can't see (after approving case on 09/02/05) my LUD message (last they have reviewed my file is on 09/06/05). I tried to call them yesterday, but there was long waiting period, I will try today

Thanks
As far as i understand, they sent out your card at the same day they approved your case, therefore, the last message had covered your previous one which was supposed to be " ... approval notice...". In my case, I did not get my card sent at the same day as approval notice, and have to wait a little longer to get the card.
I do not think there is anything need to be worried. Let us know when you get your card and its backdate please. Thanks a lot!

card on the way?

Hi,
I had my approval letter in the mail last month with no change since the 1st FP in Jan 2004 (2nd FP also a surprise letter in mail in July!).
Then after the PP stamp 8/17, the LUD changed a couple of times and then an email last week saying card will be ordered and mailed when ready.
Today another email saying 'approval letter' has been mailed.

Don't know if this is the missing approval letter notification or the card.
Am really upset as I want to travel to India and was hoping to buy the ticket soon.
Will post details after I get the letter
pnayar

Happy days!!

I got my card finally on Sat.
Here are my details:
NIW (self-petitioned)
I140 submitted Nov 2002
I140 approved Sep 2003 (no RFE)
I485 submitted Oct 2003
I485 approved 8/5/2005 (no RFE)
Approval letter received on 8/13/2005
PP stamped 8/17/2005
Card ordered on 8/31/2005
Card received on 9/10/2005

Trip to India is now on!!!!!!!!!

Happy days!!

I got my card finally on Sat.
Here are my details:
NIW (self-petitioned)
I140 submitted Nov 2002
I140 approved Sep 2003 (no RFE)
I485 submitted Oct 2003
I485 approved 8/5/2005 (no RFE)
Approval letter received on 8/13/2005
PP stamped 8/17/2005
Card ordered on 8/31/2005
Card received on 9/10/2005

Trip to India is now on finally after many years!!!!!!!!!