Why to apply for AP when you can get Emergency AP in 1 week?

longGC

Registered Users (C)
In order to apply for Emergency AP, do I HAVE TO file AP in normal queue? (With TSC taking 6 months to issue AP, why not to apply Emergency AP? )

i TRIED

There is nothing called immergence AP . I tried with out success ,we had family immigerency other than medical reason . I have appied three months back , yesterday they send me query wanting 1-140 copy .DoCumnet they only issued . I am frustrated and confuse why they need I-140 , document thRy only approved. Its game of luck ..

Don't know elsewhere, at NYC they offer same day emergency AP for immediate family (parents, children, brother and sister). You need hospital letter and proof of relationship.

You have to go to the local ins office for emergency AP, but you better have an emergency and proof of it, then depending on where you are, you can get it in a day or a week.
Service centers don't distinguis emergency ap and regular ap
Regarding your question, i don't know if you need to apply for regular ap, in order to qualify for emergency ap
but i would think that you don't need to apply for regular AP, because no one can foresee an emergency, so they probably should give you an emergency AP.
I myself would like to go with regular AP instead of emergency AP. Just a personal choice