why need to withdraw other I-140 petitions

rz5qrz5q

Registered Users (C)
Hello all, I have a general question: as it is allowed that one applicant to have multiple I-140 petitions, such as EB-1A, EB-1B, and EB-2, then why would one withdraw his/her petitions after he/she get an approval for one of the petitions? would that hurt if he/she has multiple approved I-140s?
any information would be appreciated!

It wouldn't hurt at all. If it is not unusual for petitioners to file more than one petition at a time (e.g. NIW + EB1-EA) together with a concurrent I-485, then there should not be a problem if more than one gets approved. As to why people withdraw their second petitions, it could be a number of factors:

1- They have concern that, with one approved petition, they want to base their upcoming I-485 on that and not get things muddled with other petitions, especially if the other petition is a lower category which might confuse the adjudicator because the lower PD is not yet current.

2- They get an RFE for the second petition, and either don't respond or respond by requesting withdrawal instead of going through the trouble of responding.

3- They just do it "to be on the safe side" for whatever reason.