Why get REF for paystubs?

I see lots of people get REF for their paystubs. Why is that? INS doesn\'t ask for paystubs when file I485. What if the salary on the paystubs is lower than I140. (even though in the employement letter, the employer agrees to pay the salary after the I485 approval.)

Does anyone reply REF with lower salary on the paystubs get approved.

Thanks a lot.

No Title

I am also eager to know what are the possible RFEs one can get realted to Paystub at 485 stage.

Employment RFE

Pay stubs are sent only for employment related RFE\'s.
Those are also not a must just a employment letter will do.

No Title

I Have a friend whose collegue was asked to produce paystubs for last 2 years. I think this could be the most extreme case.

RFE..

the reason they ask for paystub for the last 2 or 3 yrs. is that they are just making it sure that you are not a burden to the society for the last 2 to 3 yrs. and you are not collecting any federal benefits from the government.

which item on paystub show that?

Hi,
   which item can show that? thanks for pointing out that!

How does INS know salary down?

Suppose that salary was decreased at 485 stage(or I-140). How can INS know it? Do INS confirm each filer\'s current salary electronically before approving I-485? We do not provide any documents after filing I-485. Otherwise, do INS sampling just? Just I am wondering

rfe....

it is very simple if you have a pay stubs for the last 2 or 3 yrs it means that you are working and you are paying your taxes every year so you are not a burden to the society which means you are not unemployed and the result is you are not receiving any federal assistance(monetarily).

my question is

My question is if the REF is for paystubs, let\'s say 2 months. But the current salary on the paystubs is less than the salary on I140. What will happen? Is it possible to reply REF with the current paystubs?

Lighthouse, I don\'t agree: The real reason for Paystubs

If you are on H1 you are not entitled to any Federal assistance as the minute you are unemployed you are out of status and need to leave the country within some specified period of time.

I have my own theory on why RFE\'sfor paystubs are being requested. It is because of dumbass folks calling IIO\'s asking dumbass questions like:

a. " I am on company payroll and not getting paid ". What in God\'s name does that mean ?

b. "I am on extended leave of absence": What bullshit is that. Let me see... Your company is doing GC for you on the basis that the skills you poccess are not available in the country and are urgently required and BTW we can have you on leave of absence for 6 months, no problem. Horseshit.

Because of these repeated stupid queries by many applicants that INS has put two and two together, thus realizing that a lot of applicants no longer have jobs and what best way to prove that than request for paystubs in addition to employement letter. This is the only reason for the requests for Paystubs. GC is for a future job, hence how can you generate a paystub for a future job ?

My two cents worth.

S Singh