Why FP- (code 1) while name check still pending???

Jack2007

Registered Users (C)
Hello everyone,
Why did the USCIS sent out FP codes for all transferred I485s even though the name checks are still pending for many cases??
This didnt use to be the usual pattern. And I dont undertand the logic behind sending Fp1s as they arent of any use even if the pending name check do gets cleared within 15 months. One must appear for Fp-3 then for a photo anyway..

Is their any explanation for this sending out of FPs?? I really dont see any use of it..

As far as I heard, they are not always calling people specifically for FP code 3 just before the approval. For example one of my friends was called just for regular FPs about 2 months before his approval.

They have regulation regarding 15 monts "expiration of fingerprints", but surprisinlgly not regarding pictures.

There is no logic present in the whole process.

Could it be possible that USCIS has sent expedite request to the FBI for long standing pending name checks (say > 1 yr) and simultaneously sent FP notice? I just dont see any logic for this mass FPs?? Can the USCIS even handle this load??

I am so frustrated of this process. I got a FP notice recently and immeditaely went to infopass next day only to find that my NC is still pending. Its so hard that educated, people like us who are working so hard are being delayed while illegals will be getting amnesty easily in near future..

I am in the very similar situation.
I was told by TSC officer during one of numerous calls there that I will be OK soon. But the infopass officer told me that I am still pending with NC.

Probably we have to wait a little more and see if there will be approvals following the transfer and FP notices. Of course this forum is just a fraction of the GC applicants, but still there is good representaion of cases.
My opinion: If no approvals within a couple of weeks - then we stuck for long time.

P.S.
Tommorow is my 600 day anniversary. I think it is a damn good reason to bother TSC agents again.

not all got FPs

there is another thread where people are wondering why they have not received FP notices even though their FPs have long since expired - I am one of them. My PD will be current in June, but my first and only FPs were done in Nov 2004.

Hello everyone,
Why did the USCIS sent out FP codes for all transferred I485s even though the name checks are still pending for many cases??
This didnt use to be the usual pattern. And I dont undertand the logic behind sending Fp1s as they arent of any use even if the pending name check do gets cleared within 15 months. One must appear for Fp-3 then for a photo anyway..

Is their any explanation for this sending out of FPs?? I really dont see any use of it..

there is another thread where people are wondering why they have not received FP notices even though their FPs have long since expired - I am one of them. My PD will be current in June, but my first and only FPs were done in Nov 2004.

Did your name check got cleared? You might be getting FP code when your PD becomes current. Or it might be that your transfer date is late march.

FP and approval are not connected .. in past USCIS had had approved and then asked to go for FP code 3 ( biometric etc. ) ...
FP name check and FBI background ( name ) check are diffrent ... and unless USCIS has upgraded their system to send the FP when it makes sense ... i would not count on them ...

2nd FP and approval within 60 days was pretty common couple of years back ...

Could it be possible that USCIS has sent expedite request to the FBI for long standing pending name checks (say > 1 yr) and simultaneously sent FP notice? I just dont see any logic for this mass FPs?? Can the USCIS even handle this load??

I am so frustrated of this process. I got a FP notice recently and immeditaely went to infopass next day only to find that my NC is still pending. Its so hard that educated, people like us who are working so hard are being delayed while illegals will be getting amnesty easily in near future..

So did they tell you that NC got cleared? What documents did you take for infopass?

So did they tell you that NC got cleared? What documents did you take for infopass?

They told me that my name check is still pending. I took my EAD card, I485 receipt notice, transfer notice (to TSC) and FP notice..

MD_rockville, basically I am onlly saying why is USCIS collecting FP code 1 for people when their bacground check is not cleared (even with current)..

They told me that my name check is still pending. I took my EAD card, I485 receipt notice, transfer notice (to TSC) and FP notice..

MD_rockville, basically I am onlly saying why is USCIS collecting FP code 1 for people when their bacground check is not cleared (even with current)..
As per ASC technician "2nd round of FP is a good sign, for sure", "why would recapture if these gonna expire next 15 months"
2nd FP notice is still a sign of NC clearance, but USCIS could reorder for NC after 2nd FP to make sure it was'nt cleared erroneousely or why it was cleared.:)
Last 2.5 years, I heard the same song, "we can not send, if NC is not cleared", provided that USCIS policy is still same.

2nd FP notice is still a sign of NC clearance, but USCIS could reorder for NC after 2nd FP to make sure it was'nt cleared erroneousely or why it was cleared.:)

I dont think that can happen... Name check clearance is for once only and if cleared the USCIS will not ask for re-clearance. This is mentioned on the FBI website.

Hi istrategist,

Can you please send me this thread details. I have also not received FP, thou my FP expired long time back. I was also told that my namecheck is pending when visited the immi office.

begreen

PD: 06/08/2001
I 140 Applied on – 08/13/2004 Approved – 01/19/2005
FP done on – 04/08/2005
I485 – Receipt Date 08/13/2004