Why do we tolerate ppl like Techy2468?

gctome said:
and this completes my 11th post in this forum :D

guys ..have a nice weekend! I am on a business trip in India and loving every bit of rainy season here :D not to forget those hot-hot roadside phuchkas with jhakkas flavor of traffic pollutants.
gctome,
Can you kill the thread, since you created it.

indian_gc_ocean said:
gctome,
Can you kill the thread, since you created it.

Code:
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may post attachments
You may edit your posts

How?

killing this thread is like running away from ourselves, this will die, some other will start in a new name and a new place. This discussion will be there forever.
chime in....

michael_holding said:
killing this thread is like running away from ourselves, this will die, some other will start in a new name and a new place. This discussion will be there forever.
chime in....

There is no problem if there is a healthy argument. The problem is that people are getting personal here. Just look at the subject of the thread. That explains it.

Why do we tolerate ppl like Techy2468?

Is this what you want to discuss about?

Dude,

This will be the last post here since it is silly to argue with you and your hyper-emotions but I just had to respond to this insanity of a post....

Do you realize how pompous you sound? I have news for you; India isn't all that special. No more special than China or Germany or Egypt or any of the other 200 countries on earth. Each has its own history, culture both good and bad. So don't give me this BS about not understanding because I'm not Indian. I'm not a mechanic either does that mean I can't have an opinion about cars? I'm not a baseball player does that mean I can't comment on the Yankees? You are so full of yourself.

For the last time your are hypocritical in that (and read this really slowly so mayve you'll understand this time) you claim India is the end all and be all of countries YET YOU ARE MOVING TO A NEW COUNTRY. In other wods you say one thing and do another. How had is this to understand? :confused: :rolleyes:

michael_holding said:
No one said america was wretched and awful. i think people were supporting India,you are turning this discussion into something else, if you want start your own thread , stop hijacking this thread.

OK Mr Einstein here is what you said, let me break it down for you.

Originally Posted by eddie_d
hey guys,

I have read this thread and I find it interesting how on the one hand many of you seem desperate to stay in the US yet at the slightest criticism of your home country you go apesh*t on poor Techy. I never get this mentality from immigrants. Kinda like getting a divorce, remarrying and then constantly telling your second wife how much better wife #1 was.

---- How do you know who is desperate and who is not? do you have some psychic powers or what? don't assume things. that is why i said about reading the other post to understand what is the argument all about. I have nothing against Techy, he has his own opinions, but this thread was started by someone as a response to another thread ridiculing India. so i think if you had not read it (even if you read you won't understand s*** cause its about India). so you need to take a deep breadth before you jump into middle of a thread that you don't know the context of the discussion. actually the marriage analogy does not apply to everyone, if your divorce is for petty reasons, i think you will say how your wife #1 was better than wife #2. not all of us are here because they want to get away from problems. certainly we are not refugees or asylum seekers here.

I'm Canadian and have lived in the US for the past 8 years, pretty much my entire post-college working life. Will I always have some deep seated feelings for Canada? Sure and if Canada plays the US in a sprting event I will most likely cheer for Canada. But at the same time I also recognize that the country has a lot of faults and is by no means perfect, anything from it AND the US is a better country overall.

--- well that is exactly what others have been saying, on the other thread, India has as lot of issues and USA also has its share of issues. so there is an agreement there.

It is highly hyporcritical to pledge undying loyalty to country A and then turn right around and leave for country B.

--- Not sure what does that mean. that is what i asked in my initial response, what do you consider as hypocrisy. Instead of arguing on the points, you are telling the meaning of hypocrisy. even if i don't know the meaning of hypocrisy, the intent of the question was is it right or wrong?? to criticize where you came from. you never answered it and conveniently side stepped that question with some mumbo jumbo of your own.

and lastly don't make this into an argument about Canada. Frankly why do you care about India, this does not concern you, and most us don't have anything to do with Canda. so stop hijacking this thread into some India-USA-Canada thing.
Its funny how you preach me about the virutes of reading your post "Read it again - slowly this time - and maybe you'll understand
what I am saying"
yet who go off on Menon when he said something about you not understanding issues relating to India (frankly you know squat about it) maybe you should practice what you preach man.

Are you waiting to start a fight here or what? i see you jumping into this discussion with no idea of what the discussion was all about.

gctome said:
I want GC but I don't visit these forums to hear insults for my own country.

Techy2468, even thousands beggars on indian streets won't be able to match you and the kind of statements you are making begging for GC.

I have seen this thread for few days now and did not want to jump in because the very title of this thread is very distasteful and reflects disrespect and immaturity.

eddie_d said:
Dude,

This will be the last post here since it is silly to argue with you and your hyper-emotions but I just had to respond to this insanity of a post....

Do you realize how pompous you sound? I have news for you; India isn't all that special. No more special than China or Germany or Egypt or any of the other 200 countries on earth. Each has its own history, culture both good and bad. So don't give me this BS about not understanding because I'm not Indian. I'm not a mechanic either does that mean I can't have an opinion about cars? I'm not a baseball player does that mean I can't comment on the Yankees? You are so full of yourself.

For the last time your are hypocritical in that (and read this really slowly so mayve you'll understand this time) you claim India is the end all and be all of countries YET YOU ARE MOVING TO A NEW COUNTRY. In other wods you say one thing and do another. How had is this to understand? :confused: :rolleyes:

dude..not wanting to drag on.
1. you need to stop calling others names and post some intelligent s***.
2. others who differ from you are not posting insanity.
3. I never said India is the be all or end all. even if someone says it so what, its their motherland, they should feel that way.
4. so in your opinion no should be saying anything about their place, all they should be singing is praises of america?
5. I am not pompous, i am not the one who is claiming to have a great job, own house...etc...like you did in another thread...so you need to lighten up on the criticism.
6. you can have an opinion about yankees is when you watch baseball.do you know cricket? the game, have you ever watched it, can you give an opinion about the english cricket team??? anything comes to mind...my point was if you are not born/lived in India, its tough to understand the context of this discussion. that is the point i was making...maybe you need to read this whole thread slowly....

7. many of the posters here were not DISSING America, they were trying to talk about Indian conditions, without knowing squat why you jump into this discussion. can you see the response to your post from multiple people. why don't you read them carefully.

8. when you don't have anything of substance to offer, don't say anything. you don't have to start insulting.

9. to argue with me is silly, cause that would mean you need know what is being talked about, unfortunately...you lost that a long time ago with your rambling of insults, and your self made statements about what i said.

10. India is special for me. why would you have a problem with that? or is it a Federal law that makes illegal for some ALIEN to think that their motherland is special.
i fail to understand why is it a problem for you. How India being special for me or others diminishes the value of America? don't make statements from your imagination. could you care explain that one without insults....

11. you need to look yourself in the mirror, you sound like you know everything, even when you don't. i would admit i know nothing about Canada so i would refrain from saying anything if there is thread that talks about Canada's problems.

Last edited by a moderator:
eddie_d said:
Dude,
Each has its own history, culture both good and bad. So don't give me this BS about not understanding because I'm not Indian.

Yes, if you are of European/African descent from North America, you will probably never understand mentality of India or Indians (not necessarily good or bad) unless you actually go and live there for sometime or atleast interact with someone here for a long time.

With all due respect, you are dragging your feet into a discussion you dont properly understand and making remarks that are inappropriate. This is a public forum, you are always welcome to participate, but try to be in sync as much as possible.

If you beat your little sister does'nt mean you hate her and it also doesnt mean than you will tolerate if I do.

Holier than thou?

GreenCardVirus said:
Yes, if you are of European/African descent from North America, you will probably never understand mentality of India or Indians (not necessarily good or bad) unless you actually go and live there for sometime or atleast interact with someone here for a long time.

With all due respect, you are dragging your feet into a discussion you dont properly understand and making remarks that are inappropriate. This is a public forum, you are always welcome to participate, but try to be in sync as much as possible.

If you beat your little sister does'nt mean you hate her and it also doesnt mean than you will tolerate if I do.

Holier than thou?

Thanks, reading this made my day, I haven't had a good laugh like this in a long time. I'm not sure what the hell you're saying - or rather ranting about - but the awful grammar combined with your lunatic thoughts is just too funny. Thanks again.

michael_holding said:
dude..not wanting to drag on.
1. you need to stop calling others names and post some intelligent s***.
2. others who differ from you are not posting insanity.
3. I never said India is the be all or end all. even if someone says it so what, its their motherland, they should feel that way.
4. so in your opinion no should be saying anything about their place, all they should be singing is praises of america?
5. I am not pompous, i am not the one who is claiming to have a great job, own house...etc...like you did in another thread...so you need to lighten up on the criticism.
6. you can have an opinion about yankees is when you watch baseball.do you know cricket? the game, have you ever watched it, can you give an opinion about the english cricket team??? anything comes to mind...my point was if you are not born/lived in India, its tough to understand the context of this discussion. that is the point i was making...maybe you need to read this whole thread slowly....

7. many of the posters here were not DISSING America, they were trying to talk about Indian conditions, without knowing squat why you jump into this discussion. can you see the response to your post from multiple people. why don't you read them carefully.

8. when you don't have anything of substance to offer, don't say anything. you don't have to start insulting.

9. to argue with me is silly, cause that would mean you need know what is being talked about, unfortunately...you lost that a long time ago with your rambling of insults, and your self made statements about what i said.

10. India is special for me. why would you have a problem with that? or is it a Federal law that makes illegal for some ALIEN to think that their motherland is special.
i fail to understand why is it a problem for you. How India being special for me or others diminishes the value of America? don't make statements from your imagination. could you care explain that one without insults....

11. you need to look yourself in the mirror, you sound like you know everything, even when you don't. i would admit i know nothing about Canada so i would refrain from saying anything if there is thread that talks about Canada's problems.

eddie_d said:
Thanks, reading this made my day, I haven't had a good laugh like this in a long time. I'm not sure what the hell you're saying - or rather ranting about - but the awful grammar combined with your lunatic thoughts is just too funny. Thanks again.
Good. Thats exactly what I've been thinking all these days.

eddie_d said:

M reading Mr. Eddie s posts and I must admit he is such a horrible troll - the guy seems to be learning and experimenting a lot through this forum.

He doesn't even know the context in which the discussion is happening.

Just hit ignore on him.