Why case transfer

huyahu

Registered Users (C)
Hello all,

Anybody knows why some cases got transferred to a local INS office? From what I read from this forum, most tranfer cases are employment-based because of job change, medical, etc. And of course, for some other cases, there are no reason at all.

My wife and I are EB1, our medical and finger print results are fine, and all other things that we can think of (tax return, marriage certificate, previous visas, criminal record) have nothing to be worried about. We traveled once with AP and requested address change early this month.

Maybe this is just a random case for no reason at all?

RD: 10/18/01. Case tranferred to Newark on 10/11/02. Called IIO this morning, confirmed address change and asked the transfer reasons. The IIO said it could be numerious reasons and 1/3 of cases got transferred to local office.

Any insights?

Thanks.

may be just because you are EB-1

I don't know if it's ture that EB-1 filers have better chance to be transfered. My friend RD 9/21 EB-1 case were transfered last week.

Good Luck!

Category of your EB-1

EB-1 has three categories: EB-1(a)-Alien of extraordinary Ability, EB-1(b)-Outstanding researcher/outstanding professor, and EB-1 (c)-Managers and executive transferees. You might know that EB-1(a) does not need sponsorship, which is the major difference between EB-1 (a) and EB-1 (b)/(c). Friends got approved directly with EB-1(a).