Whts next once i-130 approved for wife?

utahdesi

Registered Users (C)
i am very confused:( im a us citizen submitted i-130 on the 10/22/2009 havent got ny approval yet(how long does it takes to approve?), i was reading some forums and some had mention about 1-485 but there was nuffin bout 1-485 on i-130 instruction....do we have to file i-485 once im approved for i-130 or i had to file it together???

will people will suggest me to file k3 for fiance vissa or just i-130 let it go?please tell me whats next process after i-130 approved so i can get ready.people please help im just dam excited for my wife to be here from india..n trying to cut expenses:( plzs help me out:(

its a short wait.. don worry

I am watching your post to get some insight on my visa app for my spouse to be petitioned in a couple of months. Please do keep us updated.

As your already married you cannot apply for a fiance Visa, but you could get a K3, which is a temporary visa which allows the immediate relatives of the US citizen to come and reside (also allows them to work) till the immigration process (i-130) is completed. for applying K3, the i-130 should be already in process.

Let your spouse enter the country on a K3 which will be the fastst. and later file a 485 for change of status and let her become an LPR.

Have you thought about DCF. I have many friends who were US citizens(but not really residing in india)n who dont have significant time spent in India other than brief vacations, who did DCF and got the visa process adjudicated in New Delhi and the process was so expedited and their spouse were here in as little as 6 weeks. ( I am taking that as an option , trying DCF but I am not yet naturalized).

keep us all updated of the developements. Once again Congrats and cheers to the new couple:)

thanks alo buddy yes i will the day i got approved i will post the date so people know how much time it takes thanks alot...but some1 told applying k3 vissa alot pain n they sometimes i-130 take 4 motnsh some time 6months sometimes year but its easy so im waiting on i-130 n then i think bout it brother:)

well thanks alot