Whoe exactly qualifies for EB-2(C) National Interest Waiver?

saunj11

Registered Users (C)
My dad is an electrical engineer with a masters degree, over 15 years of experience in the field to, and is currently employed by chevron (NOT IN THE US) My mom is a nurse, she hasn't been working however for about 4 years now.

Would we qualify to apply for EB-2 self petition with the NIW? We have tried everything with DV lottery and trying to get an employer sponser, but things are just looking down :(

Any advice?

The eligibility Criteria for EB-2 NIW(National Interest Waiver), are

1. a beneficiary or applicant must have an “advanced degree" or
2. exceptional ability” in the sciences, arts or business.

The beneficiary should also demonstrate that he /she seeks employment in an area of substantial intrinsic merit to the U.S., that the benefit from the candidate’s proposed activity will be national in scope, and that the requirement of a Labor Certification for the candidate will adversely affect the national interest. Each NIW case is adjudicated on its individual merits, but the burden of proof is always on the applicant or beneficiary to establish that exemption from the labor certification will be in the national interest of the U.S.

Disclaimer: The information provided is of a general nature and is not intended to be construed as legal advice or creating an attorney- client relationship with Law Firm.

My dad is an electrical engineer with a masters degree, over 15 years of experience in the field to, and is currently employed by chevron (NOT IN THE US) My mom is a nurse, she hasn't been working however for about 4 years now.

Would we qualify to apply for EB-2 self petition with the NIW? We have tried everything with DV lottery and trying to get an employer sponser, but things are just looking down :(

Any advice?