Who schedules interview?

newdawn

Registered Users (C)
Does anyone know who schedules the interview or the process around it?
I was told that the field offices look at the queue and schedule the interview.
When they do that, the service center initiates physical file transfer and also sends out interview letter to the applicant. How true is this?

My understanding is the service center schedules the interview, then forwards the case to the district office.

boatbod said:
My understanding is the service center schedules the interview, then forwards the case to the district office.

I think Service Ctr. forward the case to DO after FP is done. And Actually DO Schedule the Interview Date. Because Procssing time between FP and IL is different for different DO's within the same Service ctr.

I believe DO office

From my last INFO visit, the IO told me that THEY have my file physically in the building and not the Service Center. 1.5 months later I had the interview letter, hence, I would think that your local DO initiates the scheduling of the interviews.

However it is done, the process is imperfect (surprise). In my case, my interview was scheduled but was later "descheduled" at the last minute (by the DO) when my paperwork didn't arrive at the DO in time.

I get the impression that the Service Center schedules things - but, who knows.

Why do you care?

It should be relatively easy to figure out by checking the postmark of your interview letter - not that it really matters as long as you get a letter eventually.

I'm fairly sure my letter came from Vermont, but it was so long ago that I could well be wrong.

I will have my interview this TUE. I still have my IL envelope...it was mailed from VT. My DO is Providence RI

JUANTAMAD said:
I will have my interview this TUE. I still have my IL envelope...it was mailed from VT. My DO is Providence RI

VT eh? Well I guess that means the service center sends the interview notice, which presumably means they also schedule the interviews.
thanks.

.........and uscis might wanna confuse us all and maybe the different service centers do it differently :) Maybe the TSC does it differently ....just one more thing not to worry and get more frustrated about.